Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sour Grapes From Holmgren (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5120)

Atlanta Dan 02-06-2006 06:36 PM

Sour Grapes From Holmgren

Anyone else catch this statement from Holmgren that I just saw on ESPN News, apparently at a welcome back rally in Seattle today, which I am paraphrasing?

I knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going against the guys in the striped shirts as well.

Seeing as Holmgren is not a player, my guess is he will be hearing from the league office.

I always thought Holmgren was a class act - not anymore.

rowedf 02-06-2006 06:39 PM

Re: Sour Grapes From Holmgren

I kinda thought the same of Holmgren, until today, reading on a Hawks board that he is a prick, always acting like spoiled rotten brat when things don't go his way. That coming from Hawks fans kinda shocked me.

PisnNapalm 02-06-2006 06:40 PM

He really said that? whoa...

The refs calls were questionable, not the glaring crap we endured in the Colts game.

Justin Otstott 02-06-2006 06:41 PM

wow another cry baby omg why don't these people get over it my God! The guy wouldnt even shake Bill's hand after the game what a *******!! Thats why Bill looked mad like he did after the game at 1 point

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 06:43 PM

I didn't see any outrageous calls.....The Roethlisberger TD was called a TD on the field. Not enough to overturn. The PI on Jackson was PI, as minute a push as it was. The block that Hasselbeck laid out after his INT may have not been seen perfectly, but that's part of the game. Quit bitchin' Chickenhawk fans.....the fact is YOU DIDN'T EXECUTE!!!!YOUR COACH FAILED YOU AS WELL.

Kaish15 02-06-2006 06:43 PM

I've never been thrilled with Holmgren. He was nice to me when I met him, but I was a little kid than. He's complaining about the touchdown and really needs to get over it.

Prosdo 02-06-2006 06:44 PM

I always had a lot of respect for Holmgren. I don't maybe he was saying something he thought the fans would react to but either way. You are the leader of that team. You need to lead by example and not do things like that. In the end it makes you look bad and like a sore loser.

Koopa 02-06-2006 06:46 PM

i've never liked him so this just makes me not like him even more, what a bitch he is, kinda like most the seahawk fans

SteelerDan43 02-06-2006 06:47 PM

Anyone else think he looks just like a Walrus?!?

ngreene15 02-06-2006 06:51 PM

I've been noticing A LOT of Seahawks fans/Media people aruging the PI call on dJackson.... I don't see how you can't call that a push off, he clearly pushed Chris Hope, if watch Hope, he actually got moved backwards because of the shove. Holmgren should be giving his reciver an earful because he could have caught that ball without touching Hope, but in the end, he did push off Hope and Hawks fans should just deal with it instead of finding excuses.