Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sal Paolatonio on ESPN Radio today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5126)

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 07:52 PM

Sal Paolatonio on ESPN Radio today

Did anyone hear Sal on this afternoon with Dan Patrick? Dan asked "did the best team in the NFL win the SB this year?" Paolantonio's response was "no". He said that Indianapolis was the best team. Is it me or does it seem like everyone is trying to take away this title from us? If the SB is meant for the best team that year, then they should decide based on final standings. Why the hell do we play the Superbowl then?

swearangen 02-06-2006 07:58 PM

Re: Sal Paolatonio on ESPN Radio today

Who cares, they can't take this victory away. By the way when did Sal last play the game?

Sharkissle29 02-06-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Did anyone hear Sal on this afternoon with Dan Patrick? Dan asked "did the best team in the NFL win the SB this year?" Paolantonio's response was "no". He said that Indianapolis was the best team. Is it me or does it seem like everyone is trying to take away this title from us? If the SB is meant for the best team that year, then they should decide based on final standings. Why the hell do we play the Superbowl then?

wow, i can see him MAYBE saying seattle (the officials wah wah wah). but indy is a team we just dominated.....

Atlanta Dan 02-06-2006 08:00 PM

Who cares what Sal thinks?

I am old enough to remember the 1974 Raiders, 1976 Steelers (IMO the greatest team of all time), 1987 49ers, 1990 Bills (or 49ers), and 1996 Broncos, among others, as among the "best teams" that did not win the SB.

the Steelers won and are getting the rings.

NM

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Who cares what Sal thinks?

I am old enough to remember the 1974 Raiders, 1976 Steelers (IMO the greatest team of all time), 1987 49ers, 1990 Bills (or 49ers), and 1996 Broncos, among others, as among the "best teams" that did not win the SB.

the Steelers won and are getting the rings.

NM

One of few people to agree with me that the 1976 Steelers was the greatest of all-time. Thank You....I was beginning to think there was no hope.

Atlanta Dan 02-06-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
One of few people to agree with me that the 1976 Steelers was the greatest of all-time. Thank You....I was beginning to think there was no hope.

Oh, without a doubt. My only ? is how in the world that team started out 1-4.

shevdog 02-06-2006 08:14 PM

I'm not shocked at all that the butt kissing was short lived.

Beside, the best team did not win last year, losing in the AFC Championship game.

The fact is that the Steelers will forever will be Super Bowl XL Champions. No one can take that away from the Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity 02-06-2006 08:34 PM

Nobody can take our title away from us. We won, we are world champions.. all the whiners can kiss our asses !