Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   the real reason for the whining and complaining (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5160)

benberger 02-07-2006 08:55 AM

the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
this will serve as motivation for the steelers in next years super bowl....the haters and whiners will come around and fuel joey and the others to do it again......God works in mysterious ways......enjoy the championship.....you have to get there to get the calls dont forget....most of the whining is coming from fans who are jealous that their team didnt even sniff the super bowl this year.

PittsburghGirl 02-07-2006 09:30 AM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
You are absolutely right! This will only piss them off even more and we will return next year playing like the champs that we are!

The Seachickens however, will fade back into the shadows of the poor NFC division-who will STRUGGLE to be heard from again!

bigbensgirl7 02-07-2006 12:46 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghGirl
You are absolutely right! This will only piss them off even more and we will return next year playing like the champs that we are!

The Seachickens however, will fade back into the shadows of the poor NFC division-who will STRUGGLE to be heard from again!

Hell yeah!!! But I have a feeling we will still have to hear them cry...probably for a long time. THey will be crying about this until they get back there and have something else to cry about....and we know that won't be for a while!!!

Brady12 02-07-2006 01:29 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benberger
this will serve as motivation for the steelers in next years super bowl....the haters and whiners will come around and fuel joey and the others to do it again......God works in mysterious ways......enjoy the championship.....you have to get there to get the calls dont forget....most of the whining is coming from fans who are jealous that their team didnt even sniff the super bowl this year.


Don't get too ahead of yourself.

SteelersFever 02-07-2006 01:41 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
Let them CRY and HATE! WE HAVE THE RING! OH YEAH! WE HAVE THE RING! When most people lose, they create excuses and find details not worth debating. BOO FREAKING HOO! Enjoy the win ... bask in it's GLORY ... BECAUSE WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

BB2W 02-07-2006 01:47 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
I remember when the Patriots beat the Rams in the Superbowl there were some questionable calls, and some of the media and fans were saying it was set up to have the Pats win because of 9/11. Where are those conspiracy theorists now?... probabaly writing about the officiating this year. Don't let the media or fans of other teams bring you down... it is there job to be objective.

I don't care if Stevie Wonder was the referee... We won!!!

Livinginthe past 02-07-2006 02:08 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
I dont rememeber anyone in the mainstream media (NFL.com or ESPN) writing any articles on that particular subject.

The 9/11 line was speculation by Rams fans on forums - we still hear about it to this day.

I think its possible to say that the vast majority of crucial calls went aginst the Seahawks - without saying that the Steelers cheated or that the refs were less than honest.

NM

tony hipchest 02-07-2006 02:12 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
yes crucial mistakes at crucial times can lead to crucial calls. there were also plenty of crucial mistakes by seattle where no flags were even thrown such as dropped balls and poor clock management. however if i was a seattle fan i would be bummed to and probably be asking for j. stevens to be fired.

Livinginthe past 02-07-2006 02:15 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
yes crucial mistakes at crucial times can lead to crucial calls. there were also plenty of crucial mistakes by seattle where no flags were even thrown such as dropped balls and poor clock management. however if i was a seattle fan i would be bummed to and probably be asking for j. stevens to be fired.


This is true.

The one thing not many people can doubt is the fact that Pittsburgh is the better team - even though they played at 50 or 60% of their powers - they were consistently awesome for most of the playoffs.

Maybe its unfair on Seattle but they played like losers, I dont mean that in a disrespectful way - but as a relative neutral you could see that they didnt really believe they would win - the bad refereeing decisions just confirmed this for them.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity 02-07-2006 02:41 PM

Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining
 
We've won alot of games this year and in past years without playing a complete game in all 3 phases. Sometimes the offense sputters but the defense and ST play well..or pick your poison...but it speaks volumes of our team that even when the offense enough to win that the defense and ST came up HUGE for us.

A win is a win is a win....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum