Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   get lendale white (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5174)

steeltown 02-07-2006 11:25 AM

get lendale white

we should trade up and get this guy. he would be a perfect fit for our offense. he was overshadowed by bush and didnt get his due. i like willie, but this guy can be the everydown back that we havent had in ages.::blurp:

steeltown 02-07-2006 11:26 AM

Re: get lendale white

oh by the way, to all the poster experts and vets who think i am not a stiller fan, "junior will keep trying":boxing:

Webfactor8 02-07-2006 12:10 PM

I agree that he would be a great addition. White is the type of back that better represents our overall mentality of tough football. He is more the up the gut type runner. You know when you tackle him just like Bettis. Willie is a great back and I think the pair would make a great tandem.

But we need to see to other aspects of the game. If the salary cap forces some losses (i.e. Randel El) we may need those draft picks to fill the gaps.

Don’t forget about our offensive line, our center Jeff H. isn’t exactly young.

Finally our last to top draft picks were offensive players.
I think we can all agree it wasn’t the offence that won XL.
Maybe we should look to our secondary, or the DL.
I'm just talking it's early and I haven’t taken a good look at the draft class.

Koopa 02-07-2006 12:28 PM

there is no chance in hell we get lendale so i'm not gonna even try looking at different ways we could get him. hopefully duce will be healthy and ready to help willie, cause if it wasn't for a 75 yard dash he would've been a total non factor as usual. and don't get me wrong i love parker, i hope he's with us the rest of his career but if we have him we need another back to help him out

lank81 02-07-2006 09:15 PM

Lendale is exceptional, but due to his 3td - 140 yd. escapade in the National Championship his stock has skyrocketed. He is now slated at around pick #10 - Arizona Cardinals and as low as #17 for the Vikings. What you would have to give up for him would not be worth it. I think the Steelers will try to pick up Najeh Davenport or Jonathan Wells in FA or trade for Dominic Davis. I think Davenport and especially Davis would be great fits for the team.

nu4everfan15 02-07-2006 11:06 PM

he will be too expensive... steelers will prolly keep the pick they have

Blackn'GoldonLI 03-01-2006 05:16 PM

Nick Mangold in round one, jamal lewis as a FA

drizze99 03-01-2006 10:04 PM

ugh! No to Jamal!