Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why are people such idiots? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5216)

3 to be 4 02-07-2006 08:07 PM

Why are people such idiots?

I never understood this mentality. And yes, it happened with idiot Red Sox fans too, although not as much when the Patriots won. Why cant people celebrate and be happy without acting like animals (although thats an insult to animals)?

"A few minor injuries from falls or fights took place, but police said such incidents were overshadowed by the thousands of Pittsburghers filling various neighborhoods' streets, simply to high-five friends, strangers and even officers.

Local residents "showed pride in themselves and pride in their team," said Pittsburgh Police Chief Dominic J. Costa, whose 300-plus officers were assisted by another 100 or so from the county, state, University of Pittsburgh and other agencies.

Even with her vinyl awning destroyed at the Subway sandwich shop in Oakland by someone who ripped it down and burned it in the middle of Forbes Avenue, owner Carol Crum marveled things weren't worse, considering how much alcohol was consumed starting Sunday morning."

Prosdo 02-07-2006 08:11 PM

Re: Why are people such idiots?

I'm not surprised that happened in Oakland. Lots of alcohol + college students. Never a good mix lol I was in another area not too far from Oakland. It was cool there. A lot of hugging, high fives, waving terrible towels. It was pretty cool.

83-Steelers-43 02-07-2006 09:42 PM

I was actually pretty suprised that not more incidents occured. For the most part, people behaved very well in this city after a Super Bowl victory.

BlitzburghRockCity 02-07-2006 10:04 PM

overall the city can be proud of the way their residents celebrated.. they had a great time and didnt destroy the city into shambles..

but yeah college kids and alcohol, mixed in with a few idiots is recipie for disaster.

melroseplace 02-08-2006 04:11 PM

haha yeah I never understood the whole burning element of celebration. I mean I guess people do weird things when they're drunk and happy but...burning? I don't get it :confused: lol

SteelerDan43 02-08-2006 04:15 PM

Maybey Dale can shed some light on the practice of burning things, after all he is a WVU fan lol j/k

melroseplace 02-08-2006 05:21 PM

haha yeah while I was typing my response before I was thinking about WVU fans as well as the fans in Pittsburgh on Sunday

Stlrs4Life 02-08-2006 09:41 PM

I was amazed how well we acted in Detroit also. We watched the game from our tailgate on a Satellite Dish and big TV. Also watched it with 2 Detroit police Officers. Was telling them I'm worried how the Steeler fans will react win or lose!

BB2W 02-08-2006 09:50 PM

Thats nothing... I set fire to myself after they won.

melroseplace 02-09-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2W
Thats nothing... I set fire to myself after they won.

:uhh: lol