Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   bill cowhers "who dey..." chant at the parade (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5241)

tony hipchest 02-08-2006 11:01 AM

bill cowhers "who dey..." chant at the parade

mega cool and funny, or highly uncharacteristic and unprofessional?

you think he was caught up in the moment or was this a calculated dig at the bengals?

i hate the thought of stealing anything from the bengals, especially their little chant but if its making fun of them then i think its hilarious.

we dey!

SteelerDan43 02-08-2006 11:14 AM

Re: bill cowhers "who dey..." chant at the parade

I thought it was a little of both, it seemed like he kinda caught wind of a crowd chant and ran with it. I would prefer to not sink to the Bengal's level though

83-Steelers-43 02-08-2006 11:17 AM

Tony, Cowher did it on two or three different occasions. Now, this is pure speculation on my part but do you think something went down behind closed doors with Cowher and Lewis or Cowher and the Bengal organization after our playoff victory? The reason why I say this is because it was done on more than one occasion yesterday. I can understand doing it once, but doing it more than once is the reason for my speculation and curiousity.

As for thinking it was unprofessional. No, I don't think it was. It was all in fun in my opinion. By no means do I feel we were "stealing" anything from the Bengals. That's for damn sure. The Bengals don't have anything we want.

floodcitygirl 02-08-2006 11:30 AM

Speaking as a STEELER fan formerly from PA now living in cincy, I've heard that it might have stemmed from all of the trash talking the Bengals gave after they won in Pitt this year and also before the playoff game. The players even made a video with it. In any case, you can't believe all of the whinning going on here about it. Of course they haven't stopped since the playoff game! ( intentional hit on Palmer, Cowher ordered it, Kimmo the assasin, etc etc). Personally I enjoyed greatly what Cowher did. They made the issue of WHO DEY (especially with the video). He simply answered the question...WE DEY!!! I know that some of the STEELER hangouts here have had tshirts printed with WE DEY on them and they're selling out!

tony hipchest 02-08-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43

As for thinking it was unprofessional. No, I don't think it was. It was all in fun in my opinion. By no means do I feel we were "stealing" anything from the Bengals. That's for damn sure. The Bengals don't have anything we want.

i pretty much equate it with hines ward's riverdance, with a little bit of "in your face, bengals" mixed in. :sofunny:

Ambridge 02-08-2006 11:32 AM

I kinda cringed when I heard Cowher do it at the parade.

The "Who-Dey" chant that Cowher adapted in mockery had it's one time place in the sun after the playoff game.

83-Steelers-43 02-08-2006 11:32 AM

Hey, the Bengals asked...........we simply answered. :hunch: :chuckle:

CASTEEL 02-08-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
I kinda cringed when I heard Cowher do it at the parade.

The "Who-Dey" chant that Cowher adapted in mockery had it's one time place in the sun after the playoff game.

I lean toward this feeling myself. While I LOVED seeing Bill grin like a kid at christmas, and it warmed my heart to see all the celebration, I hope I don't have to hear our guys chanting a stupid arse bungle chant ever again! :grin:

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!!!

SteelerzGirl 02-08-2006 11:46 AM

I'm thinking it had more to do w/the Bengals having won the AFCN, but the Steelers overcoming that, fighting back, and winning the Super Bowl, but who knows...(lol)!

Bust 02-08-2006 11:57 AM

This has really been bugging me since the parade yesterday and I'm glad someone started a thread about it.

I'm a HUGE Steelers fan and I have the utmost respect and admiration for Coach Cowher, but what he did yesterday embarrassed himself and I feel the organization/city as a whole.

From the first time I heard the Bengals "Who Dey?" chant, I ranked it as maybe the lamest rallying cry ever, perhaps only surpassed by "Cowboy Up!".

Standing in the middle of that crowd yesterday, hearing our city do it not once, but multiple times led by our head coach saddened me. There was no reason for it. Of all the playoff victories, I rank the Bengals as the least important. Why even acknowledge thier existence on such an important day for the Steelers?

To me this is no better than the pathetic New England fans chanting "Yankees Suck" at the Patriots celebrations.

And oh by the way, the Porter led "Who Ride?" sing-a-long was almost just as bad, and apparently that's a Steelers thing. Ugh.