Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Year of the Eagle (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=531)

McNabbulous5 03-31-2005 09:09 PM

The Year of the Eagle

I think this year will be the year the Eagles win it all... We came close last year but I believe that we will be even better than last year. I think that the defense will be even tougher then last year. With Trotter back in the middle to stuff the run and The Freak on one side with ND Kalu on the other and the whole secondary being as good as they are and the list of names goes on and on... I think that McNabb and Owens will be the best QB/WR combo since Steve Young and Jerry Rice from San Francisco. Greg Lewis is coming into his own and L.J Smith starting to gel into the system I think they are an unstoppable force. All we really need is some depth behind Westbrook and someone who can really compliment Owens on the other side... Too Bad Burress didnt see the light :o and 13 draft picks with 5 on the first day... Expect to see the Eagles in the big dance again :)

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 03-31-2005 09:55 PM

Re: The Year of the Eagle

Ok first off..ur talking smack about the beagles when we totally destroyed you in 2004. it wasnt even close. You had Mcnabb and TO and didnt do shit against the best 3-4 defense in the NFL. I know duce was chompin at the bit to play in that game, and had he played you would have been annihilated even more !

You guys got some talent..but when you consider how WEAK the NFC is these day, its no wonder you got as far as you did. I mean, comon, look a the teams that were in the nfc playoffs! the only real competition in there was atlanta and they werent quite ready to take the next step yet anyways.

They'll be even more of force this year, so dont count on that Vince Lombardi trophy being in Philly just yet..becuz like you, WE ARE pickin up right where we left off in 2004! One for the thumb and TO will be spending late january in his chamber !!!

ironcitychef 03-31-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNabbulous5
I think this year will be the year the Eagles win it all...

Didn't you post here in 2002,2003, and 2004? It said you had a post count of three so I was just wondering?

BlitzburghRockCity 04-01-2005 12:01 AM

:toofunny: You just got owned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownskikass 04-01-2005 05:03 PM

The Panthers will win the NFC. Enough said. Iglle fan go choke again

clevestinks 04-01-2005 09:00 PM

Feb.
Detroit.
teams AFC Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC Philly Eagles Steelers 27 Eagles 10
stats Owens 1 catch 7 yards.

Brownskikass 04-01-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Feb.
Detroit.
teams AFC Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC Philly Eagles Steelers 27 Eagles 10
stats Owens 1 catch 7 yards.

Feb.
Cleveland.
Teams: Cleveland Browns

What the hell are they doing?

WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL OF COURSE!!! :D

HinesWard4Life8682 04-01-2005 11:53 PM

wow brownie never saw a guy rip on his own team so much lmaoo

and plus mcnabb chokes all the time, i see the panthers or falcons going for the NFC

and for the AFC of course the steelers

Brownskikass 04-02-2005 12:09 AM

Rip on my own team???

My friend I have to be realistic....

Superbowl Prediction???

Panthers/Patriots

Patsies win 4th in 5 years and become best team ever

Steelersfan 04-02-2005 02:09 AM

The Pats will not win it again this year. They have had way too many departures and the problems with Bruschi to win the SB. I'm sure they'll be competitive but will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I like the Panthers in the NFC and I think it comes down to the Steelers, Ratbirds and Colts in the AFC.