Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TAZ on Offense? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5344)

NJarhead 02-10-2006 09:24 AM

TAZ on Offense?

Anyone see NFL GOTW (SB XL)? When they were reviewing Bens TD Troy walked up to Cowher and said, "Let take it in over the top coach." or something to that effect. Tell me that wouldn't have been cool.

melroseplace 02-10-2006 01:58 PM

Re: TAZ on Offense?

I'm sure there would've been a huge WTF from Seattle/the announcers...I think it would've been awesome

BB2W 02-10-2006 02:05 PM

I saw that... it sounded like he wanted the rock. He probabaly has on of the highest verticals on the team and he used to play runningback in high school. I wouldn't be suprised if they have practiced it before and there is a play for Troy to go over the top.

TasmanianTroy271 02-10-2006 03:00 PM

He did play HB in high school, and we all know he can jump...

mdhus 02-10-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

I saw that... it sounded like he wanted the rock. He probabaly has on of the highest verticals on the team and he used to play runningback in high school. I wouldn't be suprised if they have practiced it before and there is a play for Troy to go over the top.
Maybe we can save the play for SB XLI?

lol
siko

rowedf 02-10-2006 06:04 PM

This isn't exactly related, but I noticed something strange in the AFC championship game warnups, Troy was taking snaps from Hartings, was kinda weird to see that and made me do a double take.

clevestinks 02-10-2006 08:03 PM

Well Chad Johnson is playing defense in the Pro Bowl so maybe Troy will get some snaps.

klick81 02-10-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Well Chad Johnson is playing defense in the Pro Bowl so maybe Troy will get some snaps.

He is? How'd this happen?

4xSBChamps 02-10-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowedf
This isn't exactly related, but I noticed something strange in the AFC championship game warnups, Troy was taking snaps from Hartings, was kinda weird to see that and made me do a double take.

I saw video on TV, the day-after his ankle injury was announced last week, showing him under-center, in what looked-like 5-on-5 or 7-on-7 drills, running the OPTION-PLAY, to his Left, and pitching-out to a trailing back.....
:yikes:

NJarhead 02-11-2006 10:50 AM

I'd love to see Troy contirbute on offense (ala N.E. Patriots who've been successful as h3ll in utilizing their "football players"). I just always sweat the injury possibilities.