Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rod Woodson in Steelers jersey.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5367)

Mamaduck43 02-10-2006 09:06 PM

Rod Woodson in Steelers jersey....

Went to the Pro Bowl Skills day today at the Ihilani Resort.... They had a flag football game with NFL veterans playing.... John Elway was one team captain, and Rod Woodson was 'suited up' in a #26 Steelers away jersey.... He got a huge round of cheers from the fans, and a good showing of terrible towels.... It was a nice feeling to see him wearing the 'right' shirt..... And he was Elway's Center, too..... Young was the other team's QB.... Larry Brown missed two passes - - I got the folks around me laughing when I said he must only be able to catch O'Donnell passes....

Apparently this thing is going to be airing at 6:00 PM EST tomorrow - - it is at 11:00 AM here in Hawaii, so it is not tape delayed, I guess..... The only Steeler in the contests (besides Rod) was Joey Porter in the strength contest -- bench pressing 225 pounds as many times as possible in 1 minute.... I won't tell results - - you gotta watch it....

I did get some photos, but my DS has to download them for me - - new camera - - and he also got some photos, so I will try to get them posted tomorrow or Sunday after the game....

Chad Johnson was his usual mouthy self - - he was in one of the contests, and someone behind me said something about wondering if he was going to do a celebration in the end zone - - I muttered that he never got to use the last one he had worked so hard on - - everyone liked that one, too..... If they show his dive over the wall at the end, look for the tall curly haired blond kid - - that is my grandson.....

We did get Polumalu's auto on a ProBowl football..... My grandson has a knack of being invisible to security - - they would shoo all the people away from the players, but the players would reach for and sign whatever he was holding.... It was pretty neat....

Now I have to go and find a cure for my sunburned face, neck and arms.... The sun was brutal.....

tony hipchest 02-10-2006 09:17 PM

Re: Rod Woodson in Steelers jersey....

thanks for the sideline report. i look forward to all your posts. i watched joey last year and he almost won it. i bet anything he wins it this year. that is one strong s.o.b! great stories once again. good job on the troy autograph. what i would give to have a sunburn right now.

Mamaduck43 02-10-2006 09:49 PM

'nuther couple of happenings today.....

Two sweet young things in brand spanking new Seahawks jerseys - - Hasselbeck, of course - - went walking past..... There were two guys standing there.... They gave the girls the once over, and the one guy looked at the other one and said, "I'll bet you $500 right here and now that neither one of those bimbos know the Seahawk center's name"..... The other guy replied that there was no way he was gonna make that bet....

A group of 4 or 5 folks came walking past with "Who Dey???" t-shirts on..... I have never passed up an opportunity to cause mischief, so I sort of said, "We dey!!!!" without moving my lips.... They kinda stopped short with mean looks on their faces and looked around to see where this voice came from...... I happened to be sitting next to a Catholic Priest in full long black robes - - he is a neat guy - - loves football, and keeps trying to get an Arena FB team going here...... Anyway, I was the only one around with a Steelers shirt on, but they weren't going to tangle with a old grey haired lady sitting next to a priest!!!!! I caught them on it two more times as they walked past...... Made me giggle!!!!

Going to slather on the aloe now - - I just looked in the mirror - - if I were a lobster, I would be well done!!!!!!! Yikes......

tony hipchest 02-10-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaduck43
'nuther couple of happenings today.....

Two sweet young things in brand spanking new Seahawks jerseys - - Hasselbeck, of course - - went walking past..... There were two guys standing there.... They gave the girls the once over, and the one guy looked at the other one and said, "I'll bet you $500 right here and now that neither one of those bimbos know the Seahawk center's name"..... The other guy replied that there was no way he was gonna make that bet....

A group of 4 or 5 folks came walking past with "Who Dey???" t-shirts on..... I have never passed up an opportunity to cause mischief, so I sort of said, "We dey!!!!" without moving my lips.... They kinda stopped short with mean looks on their faces and looked around to see where this voice came from...... I happened to be sitting next to a Catholic Priest in full long black robes - - he is a neat guy - - loves football, and keeps trying to get an Arena FB team going here...... Anyway, I was the only one around with a Steelers shirt on, but they weren't going to tangle with a old grey haired lady sitting next to a priest!!!!! I caught them on it two more times as they walked past...... Made me giggle!!!!

Going to slather on the aloe now - - I just looked in the mirror - - if I were a lobster, I would be well done!!!!!!! Yikes......

:cool: :sofunny: :sofunny: :cool: too cool!

Stlrs4Life 02-10-2006 10:06 PM

Totally cool, keep up, the good work!

slashsteel 02-10-2006 11:43 PM

Rod's heart lies in Pittsburgh. As he will go in the HOF as a Steeler I am sure..........

bigbensgirl7 02-10-2006 11:43 PM

Sounds like a good time!!!

3 to be 4 02-11-2006 12:54 PM

Ive been lucky enough to go to Waikiki twice. the first time with my girlfriend at the time.
I had a great time. She spent a lot of time depressed and on the phone with her OA sponsor. We broke up within 6 months, but the pictures came out GREAT.
the second time was with my wife soon after we were married. It was during the NCCA tourney and BC made this great ruin by beating both North Carolina and Indiana back to back. the Regional final was on at like, 7AM, so i spent all morning in the hotel room watching BC lose to Florida. then i procedded to go outside and get the worst sunburn of my life. My wife told me "use oil, it'll help" i fried like a lobster. I spent all night on the tolilet floor wishing to die.
this reminds me of an idea for a new thread.....

Mamaduck43 02-11-2006 04:26 PM

Here are our guys - - lookin' good....

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...0802092335.jpg

SteelerDan43 02-11-2006 04:29 PM

ha ha, Joey's the one mackin on the hula girl.... who whoulda thunk it?