Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the worst time and place you watched football? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5386)

3 to be 4 02-11-2006 02:11 PM

Whats the worst time and place you watched football?

Ive had a few. Kind of like "The Best of Times" with Robin Williams and Kurt Russell when they were having a date with their wives and kept trying to peek at the game?
thats me.

I kept running out of my sisters wedding at the Chatham Bars Inn to catch some of the Patriots-Jets game on the TV bar. And the Patriots were like, 1-5 at the time (1981).

On my honeymoon with the first wife (1983) we found places to drive and stay all over New England. I sprung for Suiss Shalet (34.99) in Brattleboro,Vermont and as it was around 1PM on a sunday, when i just happened to put the TV on, WHOA! there was the Patriots-Steelers game!!! "Hey, honey, i didnt know this was on!!!" 3 hours later the Patriots had upset the Steelers at Three Rivers, clinched by a Clayton Weishun INT. My bride was down by the pool reading a book. the 4PM game was the Rams-Jets classic when the Rams all confronted Gastineau. Around 6PM the Mrs said she was getting hungry. "Oh, man....Oh, OK" around 7:17 we were off to the buffet.
needless to say, we were divorced by the 1985 SB run.

my fling, the woman who's shoulder i cried on after the wife left, didnt even notice me watching the Seahawks-Broncos game on the Mitchells Steakhouse TV set. This game would clinch a playoff berth for the Patriots if the Seahawks could have just made that FG.
My slamming my hand on the dinner table gave me away. But the Patriots still clinched on sunday with a win at home (and Patriots fans got electrocuted carrying the goalposts down Route 1.they touched a telephone line.)

My wife ( I found the love of my life in 1990) tells me she thinks its cute how much I love football. Isnt she great??

What are some of your pathetic football watching stories?

luvmysteelers 02-11-2006 05:41 PM

Re: Whats the worst time and place you watched football?

Dec 8, 1987..Monday Night Football..I was in labor, and ready to have a baby at ANY SECOND, and my ex was sooooo busy watching the game that he forgot I was even in the room until I threw something at him. Jerk! :chair:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 02-11-2006 06:00 PM

I watched the falcons win a superbowl in 1999 during basic training....they made us watch it outside looking in through a window............
and i watched a game in 2004 from iraq.......Bens 1st game.....against the ratbirds.
Also watched him get drafted from Iraq,,,,,,,voluntered for KP duty that night so i could watch it live.............

Suitanim 02-11-2006 06:13 PM

My wedding was during the 1996 OSU/Notre Dame game. I had several of my best men in radio's with little earplugs like the Secret Service giving me updates, and I watched in the limo on the way to the reception. The wedding was in Ohio, but we were living in Florida, and we had a bunch of people caravaning with us back the following Sunday, and I held the whole damned thing up watching the Steelers/Oilers game at Damon's.

We spent a week in New Orleans, and then took a cruise, and I watched the Steelers beat the Chiefs on MNF at the bar on rabbit ears on some Miami station with a few fellow diehards. By the end of the game, the screen was 90% snow.

3 to be 4 02-11-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
Dec 8, 1987..Monday Night Football..I was in labor, and ready to have a baby at ANY SECOND, and my ex was sooooo busy watching the game that he forgot I was even in the room until I threw something at him. Jerk! :chair:

judges ruling?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

sorry, thats HIS story, not yours.

3 to be 4 02-11-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
My wedding was during the 1996 OSU/Notre Dame game. I had several of my best men in radio's with little earplugs like the Secret Service giving me updates, and I watched in the limo on the way to the reception. The wedding was in Ohio, but we were living in Florida, and we had a bunch of people caravaning with us back the following Sunday, and I held the whole damned thing up watching the Steelers/Oilers game at Damon's.

We spent a week in New Orleans, and then took a cruise, and I watched the Steelers beat the Chiefs on MNF at the bar on rabbit ears on some Miami station with a few fellow diehards. By the end of the game, the screen was 90% snow.

THATS what I'm talking about!!:busted:

luvmysteelers 02-11-2006 08:59 PM

I knew someone was going to say that!

3 to be 4 02-11-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmysteelers

wasnt that Cleveland at 49ers? :sofunny:

Mamaduck43 02-12-2006 12:09 AM

Steelers / Oilers playoff game - - I don't remember which one it was - - '78, I think, but I was coaching a swim team and we had a meet at a YMCA in El Paso, TX..... I kept walking from the pool to the security desk where the guard had a little TV..... That was the game where we scored two or three times within a matter of minutes..... I really wanted to watch the game - - but I was getting paid to coach the team (a big $1 per hour), and I had to get back to the pool deck..... I had tried to postpone the meet, but the only other open date was SB Sunday - - no way was I going to miss that....

BlitzburghRockCity 02-12-2006 03:02 AM

Watching Super Bowl XXX believe it or not; right at my own house..but then wife at the time invited all these people over who didnt give a damn about the game and they were all talking, carrying on, and not even paying attention..and then after we lost and I went ballistic they all looked at my like I was retarded or something :chair: