Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   c. knaus banned from all daytona 500 activities (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5458)

tony hipchest 02-13-2006 07:48 PM

c. knaus banned from all daytona 500 activities

to remove all doubt that team hendrick will be cheating harder than ever to win the championship, c. knaus has been suspended for restrictor plate template violations in yesterdays qualifying for this years daytona 500. this on the heels of jeff gordon needing almost 4 and a half hours to make it through pre-qualification inspections.

i heard alot of accusations of dei receiving illegal restrictor plates from nascar, mostly from hendrick fans. this is very odd considering recent hendrick dominance on the 2.5+ mile tracks. nevermind that chevy has dominated at these since the dALE sr. days.

doesnt matter. this race will still come down to the hendrick, childress, gibbs teams. maybe earnhardt jr can squeak up in there.

daleemnm 02-13-2006 07:49 PM

Re: c. knaus banned from all daytona 500 activities

Good. Since he's had multiple penalties, they should suspend him for awhile.

tony hipchest 02-13-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daleemnm
Good. Since he's had multiple penalties, they should suspend him for awhile.

it looks like they will wait until after the 500 to decide the length of the penalties which means if johnson sucks in the race knaus will be welcomed back. if he does real well they may suspend him another race or 2 just to prove a point. last thing they wanna do is hurt jj's chances by over penalizing his cheating crewcheif.

Suitanim 02-13-2006 07:55 PM

Wow, Tony, that's remarkably "off" for you. The length of Gordon's time in inspection had nothing to do with his car or cheating, but everything to do with how long it takes a car to go through inspection before a race. He qualified last, so it gave them a chance to show how lengthy a process inspection is.

Really, there is no cheating anymore, since it takes 4 1/2 hours to check the car, it's safe to assume NASCAR checks EVERYTHING! Teams try to gain a 1/1000th inch here and there, and they get caught, but that isn't cheating.

tony hipchest 02-13-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Wow, Tony, that's remarkably "off" for you. The length of Gordon's time in inspection had nothing to do with his car or cheating, but everything to do with how long it takes a car to go through inspection before a race. He qualified last, so it gave them a chance to show how lengthy a process inspection is.

:sofunny: lol. just a warning. i like to trash team hendrick about as much as i do the patriots. the gordon comment was just bait. he got through insp. and got the outside pole. (any suprise?) the same cant be said for cheatin' jimmy! now im a rusty fan so i am pretty unbiassed when i say i think it was pretty rediculous of the hordes of fans (many hendrick) who insinuated that dei was getting hot plates.

Suitanim 02-13-2006 08:11 PM

The best drivers get the best equipment, and Gordon is the best driver in NASCAR, ergo, he gets the biggest money and the best equipment. Johnson benefits, of course, but it's not cheating.

DEI had the best plate program for a couple races, then Hendrick decided that they needed to give Jeff a great plate car, and, low and behold, they did! Why? Cheating? No. Money!

SteelerzGirl 02-13-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the same cant be said for cheatin' jimmy!

Heyyyyyyyy! Don't make me kick your ass...(lol)! Don't you be hatin' on my Jimmie!

I'm so pissed about this! Seems there were a lot of drivers disqualified. What's up with that?

I was just getting ready to post a thread regarding this very thing but you beat me to it, Jimmie hater...(lol).

Here's the article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5329380

P.S. Where the heck is CowherLover? Yoohoo... CowherLover... I see youuuu. It's OK, everyone and everything is OK now...(lol). You can come back to play...(lol). :wink:

Suitanim 02-13-2006 08:22 PM

Yeah, well, that article sums it up nicely...Knaus pushes the envelope, and sometimes he gets caught. "Cheating" is a word that doesn't apply in NASCAR anymore...Richard Petty cheated, flat out, bald faced cheating, but there were no Billion dollar contracts and nobody gave a shit back then. How do you think he won 200 races?

SteelerDan43 02-13-2006 08:46 PM

I think a ban for the week is the standard penalty for a restrictor plate violation... as the saying goes in racing, if you aint cheatin you aint tryin

tony hipchest 02-13-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
"Cheating" is a word that doesn't apply in NASCAR anymore...

tell that to harvick and the #29 team. tommy baldwin, right?