Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Live from Bahrain (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5519)

SteelR1 02-16-2006 02:16 PM

Live from Bahrain

Hello all,

Well I finally got a chance to get back on the internet. I left the states a few days after the Super Bowl and I'm now in the great Sandbox.. Bahrain that is, the tiny island off the coast of Saudi Arabia, oh how wonderfull to be in a tent with 8 other guys and sleeping on a cot. Oh how wonderfull to have the water supply go down right in the middle of a shower and the food, now that is another story. But atleast I can get access to the internet to email the wife and check out the forum....

I'm trying to read up on all I can but I only get 30 minutes a day so I have to spend my time on here wisely!!!!!

Anyways just wanted to say WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelR1

drizze99 02-16-2006 02:33 PM

Re: Live from Bahrain

Nice to see you make it back to the forum!

clevestinks 02-16-2006 03:16 PM

Be safe! And come home soon!

And by the way. Thanks for making our country safer!

luvmysteelers 02-16-2006 04:01 PM

Thank you for your service, SteelR1! Be safe.

4xSBChamps 02-16-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
Thank you for your service, SteelR1! Be safe.

:iagree:

We'll take-care of the Bungles, Rat-birds, and Dolts:
it's the LEAST WE CAN DO, since you're takin' care of us!
:usa:

Come back safely!

melroseplace 02-16-2006 05:16 PM

thank you for everything you're doing for us...I'm glad to hear that you have time to email your wife and keep up with the black n gold :smile:

Corban 02-16-2006 05:50 PM

Yes we are the CHAMPS!!! That is such a great feeling to be able to say that! And I would like to thankyou for your service to our country.

Prosdo 02-16-2006 08:52 PM

Hey SteelR1. Be safe. Nice to see you around!

Stlrs4Life 02-16-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelR1
Hello all,

Well I finally got a chance to get back on the internet. I left the states a few days after the Super Bowl and I'm now in the great Sandbox.. Bahrain that is, the tiny island off the coast of Saudi Arabia, oh how wonderfull to be in a tent with 8 other guys and sleeping on a cot. Oh how wonderfull to have the water supply go down right in the middle of a shower and the food, now that is another story. But atleast I can get access to the internet to email the wife and check out the forum....

I'm trying to read up on all I can but I only get 30 minutes a day so I have to spend my time on here wisely!!!!!

Anyways just wanted to say WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelR1

Know the feeling, been there for the first time around. Take care, and Godspeed.

101st Screaming Eagles!

Dook 02-17-2006 03:52 AM

Yeah but it's not all bad.

They have good shwarma's and you can always go over to the Rock Bottom club to pick up English flight attendants.