Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   USA Hockey (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5555)

Stlrs4Life 02-18-2006 04:20 PM

USA Hockey

Why do we suck so bad in Hockey? These guys are embarassing. We didn't have any luck today vs Slovakia.

SteelerDan43 02-18-2006 04:23 PM

Re: USA Hockey

The US hockey program in general mens and womens have just not played up to par at all... I think overconfidence has a little to do with it...

drizze99 02-18-2006 04:23 PM

What are you talking about? They played a real solid game today. The bounces just didn't go our way. We did hit the post twice!

Stlrs4Life 02-18-2006 04:35 PM

Yeah, the bounces didn't go are way. But that's no excuse, these guys they bring in fron the NHL, they play against each other, hardly any time together as a team. I think if we are going into each year to lose like we usually do, we might as well do it with a bunch of amateurs.

83-Steelers-43 02-18-2006 04:37 PM

Slovakia are no push overs. Remember, these countries don't focus on football, baseball and basketball as much as we do. For some of these countries, hockey is it.

I didn't expect us to win gold this year. Just too many teams with talent.

Could have been worse, we could have lost to Switzerland today like Canada did and the Czech Republic yesterday.

Btw, Slovakia is currently 4-0.

RoethlisBURGHer 02-18-2006 04:44 PM

I really don't like the fact that we let the NHLers play in the olympics.I think it should be amateurs playing,because those are the guys with a real love of the game.

SteelerDan43 02-18-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizze99
What are you talking about? They played a real solid game today. The bounces just didn't go our way. We did hit the post twice!

It goes beyond todays game, we tied Latvia for cryin out loud...

Petesburgh66 02-19-2006 02:30 AM

This isn't a question of over confidence on the men's side. They were not a good team on paper and it's showing.

As for the Swiss team, a garbage team with a hot goalie. The guy that scored both Swiss goals against Canada was a Canadian born player. The traitor better stay in Europe.

As for the women's team, they had their sights on Canada early and it cost them. I was looking forward to the Canadian women beating the USA team. Oh well.

83-Steelers-43 02-19-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
As for the Swiss team, a garbage team with a hot goalie. The guy that scored both Swiss goals against Canada was a Canadian born player. The traitor better stay in Europe.

I would agree with that logic If they only beat Canada and got lucky. They also beat the Czech Republic the day before. In my opinion they are playing smart, physical hockey and taking advantage of the scoring chances they have had. Having a hot goalie wins games. Last I recall you can't win games with a cold goalie.

Maybe nine times out of ten Canada beats Switzerland, but yesterday they did not and I have a hard time agreeing with the only reason they beat the Czech Repulic and Canada back to back was because of a hot goalie and one Canadian born player.

Petesburgh66 02-19-2006 02:46 PM

And today the Swiss tie Germany. Go figure. Explain how they tied a team that has historically done jack in world hockey. Hot goaltending will only get you so far.