Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For Steelers opener - big meets in your area? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5589)

SteelerRose 02-20-2006 08:23 PM

For Steelers opener - big meets in your area?

Hey ladies & Gents,

What would you all think to this?

The opener looks to be in Steel town at the beginning of the season. What would everyone think of trying to get meets together, at local bars/resturants, in your own areas?

I thought it would be cool to go to my local favorite place, and meet up with a ton of other Steeler fans, and Steelers Fever forum members.

Just an idea I was kicking around, but thought I would throw it out there if anyone wanted to think about it, and even plan in advance. Maybe there could even be stickys later, of where all the meets would be, as people plan them.

Just a thought.

Brooke

83-Steelers-43 02-20-2006 08:39 PM

Re: For Steelers opener - big meets in your area?

I'm down with that, but I start tailgating at 8 in morning every home game and I'm inside Heinz by 12:30. Tailgate party or after the game would be great?

melroseplace 02-20-2006 08:39 PM

I'm hell-bent on going to the game, but that's a cool idea

SteelerRose 02-21-2006 12:48 AM

Well, this would mostly be for those of us not lucky enough to be in PA or able to go to the game, like we all would so much want to.

I've only been to one game ever, so I sure would love it, but its not happening for me, so, I thought about this.

If there's no takers, that's fine too. I'll likely sit at home or go to the place my mom goes, as its owned by a former Burgher.

Brooke

83-Steelers-43 02-21-2006 07:44 AM

Oh, my bad....

purplepenguin 02-21-2006 10:23 AM

I think it's a great idea...

melroseplace 02-21-2006 11:03 AM

well I hope you get something organized, I'm sure you would have fun

SteelerRose 02-21-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Oh, my bad....

Oh, that's ok. I didn't mean anything by saying it was just out of towners or saying that any post game things there couldn't happen, I was just singling out those of us out of state. I just wanted to clarify that was I was thinking about was for those of us out of the state of PA.

I dunno. It was just an idea. Probably most people already have their thing that they do. I just wouldn't mind some local fans to hang out with, so I don't have to enjoy the game home alone, or with my mother. Blech.

brooke