Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   kurt bush wins pole (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5651)

tony hipchest 02-24-2006 07:59 PM

kurt bush wins pole

why is this noteworthy? rusty wallace used to be the ryan newman of winning poles. kurt bush isnt known for his qualifying efforts by any means. bush's time held off alot of great cars that had a little advantage of qualifying as the track got cooler. people thought bush was crazu to leave roush and the 97 team. while i prefered about 10 other drivers to replace rusty i respected the fact that roger penske went out and shelled out the big $$$ for the reigning champion to replace rusty. the utmost respect and dedication to winning.

is kurt bush a dork? yes
did i almost puke seeing him in miller lite racesuit getting into rustys car? of course
is it great to see the blue deuce up front where it belongs? absolutely!

it was nice to see the penske cars work together and pretty much stay up front all day at daytona too. the 2 and the 12 car were well on their way to giving penske his 1st restrictor plate win and you can tell that bush wouldve rather won (him or ryan) that race for roger than for himself. nice to finally see some teamwork in the penske organization. i bet ryan wouldve never gave wallace that qualifying set up.

SteelerDan43 02-24-2006 08:13 PM

Re: kurt bush wins pole

Whoo hoo, all my drivers qualified 16th or above! (Biffle, Sadler, Harvick, Riggs) Lookin good for the race!

Suitanim 02-24-2006 08:22 PM

I got a few points for qualifying...it's a LONG season though.

BB2W 02-25-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
Whoo hoo, all my drivers qualified 16th or above! (Biffle, Sadler, Harvick, Riggs) Lookin good for the race!

I had a good week too... none in the top four, but no driver will start worse than 14th.

Kenseth's qualifying try was pretty ugly, what an awful set-up... I couldn't tell if he was driving on ice or if Tony Stewart's evil alter-ego "Smoke" was willing him into the wall from the pits. :redface:

daleemnm 02-25-2006 10:06 AM

Harvick, Jr, and Truex all qualified decent. Yay.

Ambridge 02-25-2006 10:50 AM

Kurt really looks different after his plastic surgery.
My wife told me he had an ear job and some work on his face?? I barely recognized him when they showed his picture on television the other day.

He may have changed his looks but he's probably still a jerk on the track.

clevestinks 02-25-2006 01:58 PM

Kurt is a jerk! I like Biffle this week, anyone else?

BB2W 02-25-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Kurt is a jerk! I like Biffle this week, anyone else?

I also don't like Kurt Busch, but I like his brother though... He seems like a good kid.

Cleve, you did great in picking you're "A" drivers this week in our fantasy league.

tony hipchest 02-25-2006 05:42 PM

cleve i didnt realize you were in the fantasy league. biffle is a great pick. i look to him to pretty much dominate. i think last year he started midfield and made one of the most impressive charges to the front at california leading by lap 20 (if my memory is correct). he is bringing his favorite car.

BB2W 02-25-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
cleve i didnt realize you were in the fantasy league.

He is "Team Pittsburgh"... the guy that just passed you for second place. :busted: