Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I Hate this time of year (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5675)

3 to be 4 02-26-2006 07:43 AM

I Hate this time of year

the worst time of the year for me to be a sports fan. No football. No baseball. stuck with crap like college basketball, NBA, or NHL. Is that any kind of way to spend a sunday afternoon?? man, i guess i'll have to pay attention to my kids:bouncy:

Zez 02-26-2006 08:40 AM

Re: I Hate this time of year

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
the worst time of the year for me to be a sports fan. No football. No baseball. stuck with crap like college basketball, NBA, or NHL. Is that any kind of way to spend a sunday afternoon?? man, i guess i'll have to pay attention to my kids:bouncy:

I totally agree (especially NBA). But March Madness isn't too bad.

pucho58 02-26-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4

I feel your pain thats why I bought a ps2 game(war of the gods)to keep my mind off football. You should try it. Its good therapy.:bouncy:

83-Steelers-43 02-26-2006 10:21 AM

Summer is the worst for me. All that is on is that horribly managed sport that we all know as baseball. Thank god for vacations.

melroseplace 02-26-2006 11:46 AM

I hate this time of the year too. by this time the cold winter is getting really old, there's no football and it's just kinda blah...start the countdown til training camp!!

BlackNGold203 02-26-2006 11:59 AM

its tough...the NCAA's keep me a lil occupied....its almost time to break out the golf clubs....the Buccos keep my interest just about long enough for training camp to start....

remember the days when we could get caught up in the Pens playoff runs????

siss 02-26-2006 01:26 PM

It sucks in California to. Kings are bleh this year and my hate for the Lakers rivals my hate for any team thats not the steelers, so it sucks this time of year to! Oh and school kinda sucks to!

HburgXL06 02-27-2006 06:26 PM

I actually have no excuse to study on Sunday now and with university cable having only 50 channels (3 each of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, 2 WB's and UPN's) there isn't even and ESPN classic to hope to find an old Steelers game. I would watch AFL if I ever knew when the games were on. I don't give a damn about the games or the teams but at least I would get to see some sort of football. Since the NBA became the NHL and baseball...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....sorry fell asleep for a second. Bring on September.

BuFu

SteelerDan43 02-27-2006 06:31 PM

www.arenafootball.com gives you a full tv and radio schedule, the national broadcasts are on OLN and NBC.

melroseplace 02-27-2006 06:39 PM

(for those in the Pittsburgh area) I heard that KDKA will be talking to Hines tomorrow around 10 AM. it's probably just a short little interview or something, but better than nothing!