Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   And the mayhem begins, players everywhere being cut... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5714)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-01-2006 03:50 PM

And the mayhem begins, players everywhere being cut...

Been listening to espn radio like always today and players are being cut left and right everywhere you look. The league NFL office is closed for the day, no deal is done..doesnt look likely that anything can be done now.

The broncos already cut Trevor Price and Mike Anderson, players all over the league are feeling the pinch now too. Ahman Green may go soon. Fortunately our Steelers arent in that bad of dire cap issues that we will have to jetisen alot of our key players, but one wonders who's gonna be next, and who's gonna go for the black n gold.

Damn the NFL and Players !!! :chair: :pissed:

BB2W 03-01-2006 03:53 PM

Re: And the mayhem begins, players everywhere being cut...

Carolina cut Stephen Davis, Brenston Bunckner, and Rod Smart...

BlitzburghRockCity 03-01-2006 04:08 PM

Looks like "He Hate Me" isnt too happy right now either :rolleyes:

tony hipchest 03-01-2006 04:14 PM

out of all the teams the steelers are probably most likely to find a rodney harrison type gem in these cuts. especially if they sign on the cheap. m. anderson would be a nice back-up at basement price and im very curious about what happens to eric moulds and how bad he wants a ring.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-01-2006 04:21 PM

think of this too..how many of these new FA's entering the league are going to want a 1 or 2 yr deal so they can cash in, during 2007 and beyond with no cap. I think you may find some players hard to sign to long term deals this off season; check that I think you'll find many players who want a short deal now to cash in later.

SalukiSteelers 03-01-2006 04:43 PM

According to John Clayton, the Steelers are $7M over the cap. Looks like they're sellin' not buyin'. Gotta keep Ike. Resign Keisel and cut Kimo? Somebody's gonna have to restructure or get cut. Is ARE a goner? Pretty sure Hope's out the door and that probably comes back to haunt. How's a team that jettisons expensive players all the time find themselves in this mess? Am I overreacting to the cap number?

clevestinks 03-01-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
think of this too..how many of these new FA's entering the league are going to want a 1 or 2 yr deal so they can cash in, during 2007 and beyond with no cap. I think you may find some players hard to sign to long term deals this off season; check that I think you'll find many players who want a short deal now to cash in later.

Great points, never gave that much thought! I guess we might find a cheap hired gun for a season.

Ambridge 03-01-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Looks like "He Hate Me" isnt too happy right now either :rolleyes:

"He Hate Me" is now known as "They Cut Me"!!

FanecaFan66 03-01-2006 08:41 PM

You know whats a refreshing thought though. We may be slightly over the cap but we're not forced to bring the axe down as often through this disaster like the Broncos and Panthers. Why? Because we have a front office that doesn't over pay, doesn't let the team get into situations like that, and is smart with who we do invest in (exception Korky).

the consistancy speaks for itself. it makes me feel good to be a steelers fan

BlitzburghRockCity 03-01-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
"He Hate Me" is now known as "They Cut Me"!!

:toofunny: :rofl: