Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   IKE TAYLOR!!!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5757)

pittsburgh$teelersfan 03-03-2006 10:08 PM

IKE TAYLOR!!!!!

I was wondering if anyone had a link about the restucture of his contract.I hear alot of people say they did do it but I want a link I can't find one.

Stlrs4Life 03-03-2006 10:10 PM

Re: IKE TAYLOR!!!!!

Didn't hear anything like that. I just heared that they tendered him a $1.55 million 1 yr. contract.

pittsburgh$teelersfan 03-03-2006 10:16 PM

ok thanks

TasmanianTroy271 03-03-2006 10:51 PM

I wish we could've locked him up for longer, but until this whole FA thing is fixed, we'll just have to take it year by year. Our backfield has really always been our weakness, and I wanna see it flourish, with Ike and McFadden. Anyone smell a mid-season extension? perhaps?

BlitzburghRockCity 03-03-2006 11:18 PM

This is only the tender so we have the right the first refusal for him this offseaon..they will continue to negoiate with him, especially as camp gets closer to lock him down. This by no means indicates we wont try and sign him to a long term deal this year..this is just covering our asses right now.

Suitanim 03-04-2006 06:35 PM

I think the Steelers are on top of this. I heard his offer would be 1.7 million, so it looks like they are crunching numbers like mad. I trust that the well-oiled machine in our Front Office knows what they are doing...

BlitzburghRockCity 03-05-2006 10:49 AM

:iagree: You have to start somewhere, and tendering the offer to a RFA is the first step, every FA we sign to an extension starts out w/ a tender offer to Cover our asses.. he'll get his deal.

stillthere 03-05-2006 04:55 PM

The future could be real bright with Taylor and McFadden. The tender guarantees us a 1st round draft pick if another team does take him as well as our right to match the offer.

tony hipchest 03-05-2006 05:15 PM

i wonder if another team is gonna force our hand to match an offer. i dont think i would give him up for a 1st round pick. whats to stop a team who is looking to draft a cb anyways to offer him a 4 year deal for $10 mil.?

would we match the offer or take the pick?

stillthere 03-05-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

i wonder if another team is gonna force our hand to match an offer. i dont think i would give him up for a 1st round pick. whats to stop a team who is looking to draft a cb anyways to offer him a 4 year deal for $10 mil.?

would we match the offer or take the pick?
Good question. If you were going to draft a CB round 1 you may want to get a guy that has a little seasoning in him and kept Chad Johnson to less than 160 yards and no TD's in 3 games and in 2 vs Marvin Harrison got toasted for 1 80 yard play and after he got his head out of his ass was all over Harrison. I could also see the Patriots being a team that would try to force our hands and make us use more money on the kid. Ike is going to be the real deal in about 2 years. 6'1" and around 200 lbs tough combo to find in a corner that can run and is fluid in the hips.