Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Arrington release, why not? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5805)

Sharkissle29 03-06-2006 06:35 PM

Arrington release, why not?

imagine the emotion on the defense with LaVar Arrington and Joey Porter at the linebacker position. LaVar gave up money to become a free agent so money shouldnt be an issue with him. we might be able to get him for a cheap price bc the Redskins really kept away from his potential. Arrington would add more depth to the LB position, something that we need...and imagine the intensity Arrington and Porter on one defense. LOOK OUT!

just my .02

Atlanta Dan 03-06-2006 06:48 PM

Re: Arrington release, why not?

Redskin coaches said Arrington was out of control, being either unwilling to learn how or unable to stay in position on defense.

Given the complexity and discipline required for the Steelers' 3-4 (I thought Troy was a bust in 2003 because a player as smart as him still took a year to learn the defense), Arrington would be a major disappointment in Black & Gold.

Sharkissle29 03-06-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Redskin coaches said Arrington was out of control, being either unwilling to learn how or unable to stay in position on defense.

Given the complexity and discipline required for the Steelers' 3-4 (I thought Troy was a bust in 2003 because a player as smart as him still took a year to learn the defense), Arrington would be a major disappointment in Black & Gold.

maybe true, but couldnt you see cowher putting him on the right track? gibbs sure isnt intimitading. but you might be right, he may not be smart enough for the job

Atlanta Dan 03-06-2006 07:02 PM

I agree that Arrington is a great natural talent, but after being indulged by JoePa at Penn State the worst thing that could have happened to him was going to a team that changed coaches as often as the Redskins did until Gibbs arrived.

Arrington may have figured he would do what worked for him because the defensive scheme changed so often, but I am afraid after 6 years in the league he can be someone else's reclamation project (like the Raiders).

83-Steelers-43 03-06-2006 07:27 PM

Money.

Suitanim 03-06-2006 07:47 PM

I see him as a 6 game player...he'd get all fired up for about the first 6 games, then revert back to his Redskins form, bellyaching and complaining and grandstanding.

Nope.

STEELERDYNASTY 03-06-2006 07:58 PM

lets see, Lavar Arrington or Larry Foote.....

I would LOVE ARRINGTON on our defense!!!!!

I.C. Lights 03-06-2006 08:13 PM

Yeah, if Cowher couldn't set him straight, Porter probably could. Plus, there'd be an understanding that he has no room for antics. I'd say this looks good if we could sign him for a short-term K.

BigDude66687 03-06-2006 08:22 PM

Lol that would b like bringing in TO, between Arrrington and TO i'd choose TO cause TO is a difference maker

3 to be 4 03-06-2006 08:25 PM

Id take Jill Arrington anyday, shes a hottie!