Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Im just sayin....... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5811)

3 to be 4 03-06-2006 10:28 PM

Im just sayin.......

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...printstory.jsp

BlackNGold203 03-06-2006 10:34 PM

Re: Im just sayin.......

ok...your point is.....what?

3 to be 4 03-07-2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
ok...your point is.....what?

before the media paints him as Saint Kirby.

this is a sad Steroid story.

Steel - X 03-07-2006 07:49 AM

The guy just died my man who cares what he was doing. Loved Kirby

3 to be 4 03-07-2006 09:32 PM

Its part of the story. And its not a provincial thing. Im a Boston sports fan but the side of Larry Bird that turned his back on his daughter bothers me. And Robert Parish being a 7 foot tall wife beater makes me sick.

The media and many fans are going to paint Kirby Puckett as the most popular guy ever, they've ALREADY suddenly made his 1991 WS performance something it wasnt, and im just sayin....the guy had a bizarre body that fell apart at a young age, and he had a violent,sick pattern going on with women. He was either a great player with a horrible dark side, or a good player made great by Steroid use that messed up his head and his body, and it should be said so that others can learn from it.

Suitanim 03-07-2006 10:12 PM

Nobody wants to hear this side, but it's very real. Most pro athletes have been coddled since they were in junior high school, and they have their ego's fed to the point of demagoguery. Having every door opened to you from the time you were 12 because you excel at sports is one thing, but think about how women react to athletes. It would be hard to be faithful with women throwing themselves at your feet 24/7.

I'm segueing here, but remember the story that made so much fuss about Andrei Kirilenko's wife "letting him" have sex once a year with another woman? The part of the story that nobody heard about was that she knows the game. She said: "If something is not allowed, you want to get it. If it is allowed to you, you will not need it"

Clever and brilliant woman.

3 to be 4 03-07-2006 10:15 PM

its one thing to play around. another to lump them up. and it wasnt just one women saying it. Im just sayin............

tony hipchest 03-08-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
Its part of the story. And its not a provincial thing. Im a Boston sports fan but the side of Larry Bird that turned his back on his daughter bothers me. And Robert Parish being a 7 foot tall wife beater makes me sick.

The media and many fans are going to paint Kirby Puckett as the most popular guy ever, they've ALREADY suddenly made his 1991 WS performance something it wasnt, and im just sayin....the guy had a bizarre body that fell apart at a young age, and he had a violent,sick pattern going on with women. He was either a great player with a horrible dark side, or a good player made great by Steroid use that messed up his head and his body, and it should be said so that others can learn from it.

take a closer look at his body. he was built like tony gwynn or jerome bettis. they are/ were chunks. far cry from barry bonds, mark mcguire or tedy bruschi.

roids are meant to put on muscle not fat.

3 to be 4 03-08-2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
take a closer look at his body. he was built like tony gwynn or jerome bettis. they are/ were chunks. far cry from barry bonds, mark mcguire or tedy bruschi.

roids are meant to put on muscle not fat.

he got FAT after baseball. ok, then, if it wsnt steroids, then its my first theory. a great baseball player with a very dark side.

tony hipchest 03-08-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
he got FAT after baseball. ok, then, if it wsnt steroids, then its my first theory. a great baseball player with a very dark side.

i can go with your 1st theory but look at all the highlights of him running the bases and fielding. puckett was always a lardass (and i say this in the most respectful and playfull way. jerome or t. gwynn didnt need roids to get their build either.

plus puckett or gwynn were never power hitters. we see the jump in homers with people like bonds, mcguire, palmiero, sosa, canseco after they were on the juice. the same wouldve held true for puckett.