Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Orleans on Haloween (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=58147)

TailgateMel 09-23-2010 02:07 PM

New Orleans on Haloween

Well, I have been searching high and low, different forums, on the Steel City Mafia page... etc... trying to find a game-day pre-game party or tailgate, or some Steelers events going on down there the weekend of the game vs. the Saints.

Me, 2 other ladies and my husband will be there from Fri-Mon and we have other friends from the 'Burgh we know are heading down....

Anyone know of any Steeler parties/tailgates etc. we can hit up?

Thanks
Mel

Fire Haley 09-23-2010 03:52 PM

Re: New Orleans on Haloween

Get me a free ticket and I'll come over and be your personal chauffeur, bodyguard, poolboy, whatever you need. It's Halloween, ALL the drunks will be out, complete with midgets, mules and people on fire, no place for rookies on Bourban street that night I can tell you. Can't you dump the husband?

TailgateMel 09-24-2010 01:05 PM

My husband and I were at Mardis Gras in '02 on Bourbon street... so, we aren't rookies and the other ladies like me drink like a fish... I'm sure (and planning on) it will be a freak fest... but just trying to meet up with some other Steeler fanatics.... I keep hearing of more and more folks from the 'burgh goin down there...

ARKIESTEEL 09-29-2010 08:29 AM

We will be there thinking about "tailgating" on Bourbon street then heading over to the game............where you all staying

TailgateMel 10-04-2010 09:49 AM

Omni Royal Orleans in the french quarter - 2 streets over from Bourbon St.

SteelerinLA 10-04-2010 07:15 PM

I live an hour from New Orleans. I'll be looking for tailgate locations and will post when I find them. There is a huge following of Steelers football in Louisiana. Looking forward to meeting some folks from the north.:tt03::tt03::tt03:

ARKIESTEEL 10-06-2010 08:55 AM

we are staying at the Astor Crown Plaza I think that is the right name look for a fat guy in a 44 jersey that says ARKIESTEEL across the back...........LOL

SteelersHoss 10-06-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL (Post 853589)
we are staying at the Astor Crown Plaza I think that is the right name look for a fat guy in a 44 jersey that says ARKIESTEEL across the back...........LOL

Arkie, you heading to that Game? Me toooooo
You remember who I am ?

ARKIESTEEL 10-06-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersHoss (Post 853596)
Arkie, you heading to that Game? Me toooooo
You remember who I am ?

you damn right I do we hung out at Dom's tailgate...........and passed around a bottle of Jack together.............are you going to the PHINS game too?

SteelersHoss 10-07-2010 08:18 AM

no not this year, we went to Miami last year. good times indeed. I am heading to Pitt to see the Raiders in November. Send me your cell, and I will text in you New Orleans.