Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MNF moving to ESPN in 2006 & Sunday night football to NBC (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=587)

BlitzburghRockCity 04-18-2005 04:48 PM

MNF moving to ESPN in 2006 & Sunday night football to NBC

NEW YORK (AP) - The NFL's "Monday Night Football," a staple on ABC for the past 35 seasons, will move to ESPN starting with the 2006 season.

And NBC is returning to the NFL after six years away by taking the Sunday night broadcast previously on ESPN.
The Monday night move from network TV to basic cable, hinted at continually by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, was confirmed Monday by two sources familiar with the deals who spoke to The Associated Press under condition of anonymity. The sources said the league is expected to get $1.1 billion over eight years from the network.

NBC will get the Sunday night package for $600 million over six years, according to the sources. The network will also get the Super Bowl in 2009 and 2012 as part of the deal, one of the sources said.

Here's the rest.. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3...40813162&ATT=5

clevestinks 04-18-2005 05:37 PM

Re: MNF moving to ESPN in 2006 & Sunday night football to NBC

ESPN / ABC samething, but NBC Sunday night, now thats a change

HinesWard4Life8682 04-18-2005 07:17 PM

i dont like the NBC format and i bet they'll have soem bad announcers

BB2W 04-18-2005 10:05 PM

I hope that Joe Thiesman and Paul McGwire dont do Monday Night........I hate those two :mad:

BlitzburghRockCity 04-18-2005 10:13 PM

we'll see what kind of changes nbc has in store..but this is there foot in the door, to try and get the AFC package away from CBS come bid time.

Its gonna be weird not seeing al michaels on MNF ! unless they just carry him over to espn.

ironcitychef 04-19-2005 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
I hope that Joe Thiesman and Paul McGwire dont do Monday Night........I hate those two :mad:

Right on. Might watch in on 'mute'

BlitzburghRockCity 04-19-2005 06:51 PM

maybe they'll bring frank gifford and dan dierdorf ! :D

clevestinks 04-19-2005 07:49 PM

The bst to watch the Steelers on the tube, Myron Cope on the radio

BlitzburghRockCity 04-19-2005 10:30 PM

heck yeah.. NFL field pass will let you hear myron, bill, tunch, and craig, while watching the game.. except for that delay though.. you see the action, then about 10 seconds later, u hear them commentate it!! that gets alittle annoying, but its worth it !

ironcitychef 04-19-2005 11:36 PM

Yeah its worth it. Today on ESPN radio, the poll was 68% in favor of Michaels and Madden(or anybody else if you heard the callins) to 32% for Joe T. and McGuire. Please ESPN listen to the fans. One mention by Dan P. was for Tony Kornheiser to do the booth cause he is knowledgeble enough to play by play, but is variety enough to take up dead air. Having missed the days of Tony on radio back in PIT I'm for the campaign.