Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=589)

steelerfan5586 04-20-2005 01:39 AM

The Draft

Who do you guys think the Steelers are going to draft in the upcoming NFL Draft. Do you guys think they will go with a D lineman like Shaun Cody or a receiving tight end like Heath Miller??? I hope they go with a tight end.

clevestinks 04-20-2005 06:53 AM

Re: The Draft

If we get Ty Law then draft a DL, if not draft a corner, I think, or draft a big wr, or maybe a RT, hell I don`t know.If we draft a corner, then I guess the Steelers are telling us that Ike or Coc, aren`t capable enough to start? Does sound about right????

HinesWard4Life8682 04-20-2005 10:07 PM

so i think the best available ffrom the following we will draft:

CB/DL/WR/TE/OL

ironcitychef 04-21-2005 12:41 AM

I wouldn't say that drafting a CB shows Ike and Coc. can't start, but rather we accept that it has not been our deepest position. Our #4 or 5 DB has not always been as good as some teams #4 or 5 wideouts. Now with the rule change, you need plenty of quick agile guys to match up cause even average wideouts know you can't grab anymore. However if we draft one in round 1 I wouldn't be surprised to see him ahead of the two vets in the depth chart this season.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-21-2005 01:08 PM

I think a CB in the 2nd round is a definatley possibility, but in the first, I'd do DL, WR, or possibly even OL.

ironcitychef 04-21-2005 03:22 PM

Just spotted this off Dr. Z:

I had been rooting for Matt Jones, the freaky 6-6 quarterback with the 4.39 speed to fall to either the Steelers or Eagles, only because I wanted to write about him. I mean the only 6-6 guy who ever ran faster was Ichabod Crane. So I lobbied for him. How about it, Steelers? "Intriguing," said their personnel guy, Ron Hughes. A first-round choice for you? "Lower down," he said. Oh. Clunk. So I gave them a tackle to fill in for departed Oliver Ross. They'll look at Miller, the TE, if he's there. There are linemen they like ... Patterson, Jonathan Babineaux, Castillo, Travis Johnson, and so forth.

Looks like we are just going to sit and wait. Lower down for Jones straight from a source. So who else does that leave us now?

BlitzburghRockCity 04-21-2005 11:00 PM

BC stated in a recent press conference that he feels the Steelers are basically set w/ the starters and they can afford to take the best player available and develop him in whatever capacity they need. So that opens up the flood gates for virtually anybody at # 30