Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So, who's going to step up & be our return guy now? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5971)

WWIIOwheelz 03-14-2006 12:02 AM

So, who's going to step up & be our return guy now?

ARE really did develop into that role very well. I was taken by how many times, during the SI DVD, he took it all the way during the year. I tend to focus on the grind much moreso than special teams, but those points sure didn't hurt.

I've told all my Redskin buddies they'll be loving ARE. (5 mill/per? What are they smoking?)

Steel Pit 03-14-2006 01:44 AM

Re: So, who's going to step up & be our return guy now?

At this point I'll "guess' that Ricardo Colclough will be our punt returner.

Koopa 03-14-2006 02:23 AM

ARE is overrated in this department, he only had two touchdowns punt returning, he danced way to damn much. he's kinda like willie parker, he does crap on three in a row and then breaks a long one to make his stats look nice. we can find a speed burner in the second day of the draft and let him return punts.

PisnNapalm 03-14-2006 05:12 AM

Ike Taylor could do some returns.

I know this would never happen, but wouldn't it cool to see Troy try to return a few? I'd say go for it except I definitely don't want to risk an injury to him.

SteelCurtain 03-14-2006 07:57 AM

I'd guess Colclough too...he had a nice return against the Lions, I believe.

Zez 03-14-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCurtain
I'd guess Colclough too...he had a nice return against the Lions, I believe.

LOL, Randle El had a punt return for a TD against Detroit too....

If Nick Mangold is not available, and Sinorice Moss is, draft him. Moss can return punts and would be a good 3rd receiver in the event we don't resign Quincy Morgan.

Ohio Steeler 03-14-2006 08:46 AM

I would really love to see us go out and draft Devin Hester just to return punt and kickoff's the kid can fly.

83-Steelers-43 03-14-2006 09:27 AM

As long as it's not Colclough, I'll be happy. That guy either runs directly into the pile, stops and starts or puts the ball on the ground.

Ike Taylor would be nice, but I'm not willing to see our best corner take an injury on a punt return.

If we happen to resign Quincy Morgan, I wouldn't mind watching him return kicks.

Suitanim 03-14-2006 10:15 AM

We'll probably resign Quincy for the very reason that he returns kicks, and can play WR.

I think the Steelers will address the PR situation in the draft, with Coke as a fallback...

Avoid Lloyd 03-14-2006 10:42 AM

Please don't let it be Colclough....I've never seen someone consistently run into the pile as much as he does.