Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Interview Replacements For Tuman & Hope? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5978)

Atlanta Dan 03-14-2006 12:51 PM

Steelers Interview Replacements For Tuman & Hope?

Post-Gazette reports that:

The Steelers are preparing to possibly replace two of their free agents with two others. Today, they entertained tight end Aaron Shea of the Cleveland Browns and safety Ryan Clark of the Washington Redskins.

It could be a sign that they expect to lose starting free safety Chris Hope and No. 2 tight end Jerame Tuman as unrestricted free agents. Both have spurned offers from the Steelers

Replacing Tuman does not particularly concern me since Heath Miller is the real deal at TE.

I have assumed Chris Hope was gone - anyone know anything about Ryan Clark?

83-Steelers-43 03-14-2006 12:56 PM

Re: Steelers Interview Replacements For Tuman & Hope?

Ryan Clark: 26 years old. 5-11, 205 pounds. From LSU. In 2005 he had 3 INT's in thirteen games, 2 forced fumbles while making 42 tackles and having 0.5 sacks.

It seems like in 2005 he started to break out to a degree compared to years past.

SteelerDan43 03-14-2006 02:01 PM

From what I know about Clark is that he was a fairly good safety that was run out Washington because he isnt well known and mentioned alot in the media

83-Steelers-43 03-14-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
From what I know about Clark is that he was a fairly good safety that was run out Washington because he isnt well known and mentioned alot in the media

Well, since Hope met with the Titans today, this guy might be sporting a Steeler jersey next year. His 2005 numbers were not all that bad.

43Hitman 03-14-2006 04:03 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031400957.html

Yep, it looks like they signed Clark today.

Suitanim 03-14-2006 04:39 PM

Let's hope the "Less is more" strategy pans out. I definitely like the attitude this kid brings...seems like he's got some "Rudy" in him.

clevestinks 03-14-2006 04:56 PM

Aaron Shea is a good TE! I would nt spend a ton, but he would be a good back up

Suitanim 03-14-2006 05:05 PM

He's a good H-back type guy, which gives us even more options on offense.

SteelerMurf 03-14-2006 07:34 PM

Shea would be a great replacement for Tuman.

I am excited about how this is all panning out. We are set to take the best available athlete in all rounds of the draft........and I think we will have some good compensation picks.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-14-2006 11:42 PM

Hey, we dont need Aaron shea, we can still resign matt cushing 10 times before the season is over if we need it :laughing:

but really though, Im alittle surprised that Jerame has balked at the Steelers offers considerin g he knows that Heath is the main guy right now. Jerame has been a staple for us since Bruener was here and has always played well. I'll miss him if he doesnt come back but Shea would be more than suitable too.