Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   KIMO to the Jets. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5987)

FanecaFan66 03-14-2006 05:09 PM

KIMO to the Jets.

Kimo is headed to NY. I just heard it on ESPN.

Now we gotta get that deal done with Keisel

Corban 03-14-2006 05:10 PM

Re: KIMO to the Jets.

Agreed, we have to sign the D now!

BB2W 03-14-2006 05:10 PM

I just heard that... Did they say 3 years 9 million???

MNsteelers 03-14-2006 05:10 PM

Yeah, I heard that too, man. They'll sign Keisel, I don't think it was ever a question.

FanecaFan66 03-14-2006 05:11 PM

3 year deal i think 9 million was it

Prosdo 03-14-2006 05:12 PM

Sad to see Kimo go. Good luck to him. We gotta sign Keisel.

tony hipchest 03-14-2006 05:12 PM

i wonder if this means a bidding war for keisel? and if the steelers are ready to pay him whatever the market demands. especially if they plan on letting hope go.

MNsteelers 03-14-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corban
Agreed, we have to sign the D now!

We're fine. There's a lot of time left, the cap over the next two years is huge, so there really isn't anything to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimo, but I wouldn't be happy if Pittsburgh gave him 3 years 9 million. God bless him, I wish him the best (and I really hope he gets a chance to stick it to Cincinnati at some point).

We'll probably want to look around for another Kimo-type of guy. Veteran tackle who can play end in a 3-4. The draft doesn't look very optimistic for that type of player.

Koopa 03-14-2006 05:13 PM

i'm sure keisel will come back cause he wanted a chance to start and now he'll get that chance. so we'll be fine, we can hopefully draft wright in the first round to put some depth there and maybe pair him with a fellow longhorn in hampton

Corban 03-14-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNsteelers
We're fine. There's a lot of time left, the cap over the next two years is huge, so there really isn't anything to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimo, but I wouldn't be happy if Pittsburgh gave him 3 years 9 million. God bless him, I wish him the best (and I really hope he gets a chance to stick it to Cincinnati at some point).

We'll probably want to look around for another Kimo-type of guy. Veteran tackle who can play end in a 3-4. The draft doesn't look very optimistic for that type of player.

Ya I agree, I would not have liked the Steelers to give him that deal. And I wish him good luck, he was a great player for us. We will be fine