Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Steelers go CB in round 2 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=605)

BlitzburghRockCity 04-23-2005 08:16 PM

Steelers go CB in round 2

Pittsburgh McFadden, Bryant CB 5-11 190 Florida State

Well you knew if we didnt go CB in round 1, it'd be round 2 or 3. I look for either DT or OL in round 3

HinesWard4Life8682 04-23-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Steelers go CB in round 2

ii say antaj hawthorne

BlitzburghRockCity 04-23-2005 08:41 PM

Here's the 411 on him..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/mcfadden_bryant

clevestinks 04-23-2005 09:09 PM

Three things come to mind:
1. No Ty Law now
2. Maybe Ike isn`t the answer
3. Maybe coc isn`t the answer

Not sure , but the pick seems good, all the guys on ESPN seem to grade him pretty high

Prosdo 04-23-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Three things come to mind:
1. No Ty Law now
2. Maybe Ike isn`t the answer
3. Maybe coc isn`t the answer

Not sure , but the pick seems good, all the guys on ESPN seem to grade him pretty high

I agree. The ESPN guys did say he was a good choice and he was a very good CB. They made some comment about whatever team took Justin Miller I think it was and us for taken Bryant Fadden. Something about they were a good fit or a good choice. Something to that extent. I think he will do well here. His clips showed him as aggressive with decent speed.

BB2W 04-23-2005 11:08 PM

Bryant McFadden press-conference..........

Q: What is your speed?

MCFADDEN: On my pro day, a lot of guys had me between 4.35 [and] 4.41. My official time, I think, was a 4.41. So I'm in the 4.4 area.

Q: I saw somewhere that you hoped you didn't play too far north. Is Pittsburgh too far north for you?

MCFADDEN: No, sir. That's the Steel Curtain. I used to watch the Steelers all the time. My uncle used to watch the Steelers back when they had Chuck Noll, Mean Joe Greene and all the yellow towels in the stands. It's a dream come true. Back when they used to play in Three Rivers Stadium on the hard turf. It's a situation where they have a great team basically already. I'm just looking at lending a helping hand because the have a great defense. If I'm not mistaken, they had the No. 1 defense in the NFL last year. So that's an honor to be able to go up to a defense like that and try to contribute.

Q: Do you think you can challenge for playing time right away? And if so, how much?

MCFADDEN: I feel that I can. The problem will be how fast I learn the scheme. [That's] the only thing that can hinder what you actually can go out and do. Part of preparing for it is that what we did at Florida State is basically an NFL defensive scheme. How quick I learn the scheme will determine how quick I'll be able to help out the team and challenge for a position. So right now, I'm just trying to focus to get my body and my mind prepared as best as I can to go out there and compete.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-23-2005 11:14 PM

he definately seems like he's ready to go ! I think this is more of insurance for Ike Taylor than Coc.... Taylor has had longer to develop than ricardo, so you gotta think Ike is in a do or die situation this camp.

BB2W 04-23-2005 11:28 PM

McFadden, 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds, was the eighth cornerback selected in the second round and the 13th overall.

The Dallas Morning News rated him as the seventh-best cornerback available, and Darren Perry said the Steelers thought highly enough of him that he warranted "first-round consideration.

"He's a guy that plays a tough, physical game," Perry said. "He's the type of corner that we look for in the type of system that we play. He's going to cover, he's going to tackle and he plays with good technique. He's a sound football player."

ironcitychef 04-24-2005 01:23 AM

I do feel good. As I always said you gotta be able to match up 4 cbs against 4 wrs on any day. Now we can.

clevestinks 04-24-2005 06:50 AM

Either way we needed the depth, Williams is older, Scotts gone, so Ike maybe safe, but a starter???? I was really hoping that Ike would workout to, he had the size and speed, but you never know.