Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   with townsend signed, whats up for taylor? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6061)

Sharkissle29 03-17-2006 02:47 PM

with townsend signed, whats up for taylor?

this townsend signing has worried me significantly. i would have much rather signed ike than deshea. with this signing, do you think we're gonna resign ike? the steelers would be making a huge mistake that they will regret for as long as ike plays.

PLEASE RESIGN IKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
(a star in the making)

83-Steelers-43 03-17-2006 02:54 PM

Re: with townsend signed, whats up for taylor?

It all depends on what other teams are offering. I can't imagine them letting Ike slip, but you never know. IMO, it would be a very big mistake.

drizze99 03-17-2006 02:57 PM

He has an offer on the table and no team has offered him a contract yet. The only thing that scares me is that the Foreskins are interested in him and they always over pay players.

pucho58 03-17-2006 03:34 PM

I do not believe Ike is going anywhere;unless teams are willing to give up drafts picks for him.

SteelerFanInCA 03-17-2006 03:36 PM

I believe Ike will end up staying in Steeltown. FO seems to be coming through on the players that really matter.

Suitanim 03-17-2006 06:08 PM

I wouldn't worry too much...I think this is all going according to plan. I'm actually a little surprised that Townsend came in for reasonably cheap...I thought for sure some team would vastly overpay him...

Sharkissle29 03-17-2006 06:56 PM

you guys all made me therapy session better....
i got scared lol

BlitzburghRockCity 03-17-2006 07:01 PM

Townsend is not the future for us. He's resigned because he's a veteran, he's tough, and plays cover as good as anyone. He's there for insurance and to continue to help develop McFadden and Taylor who are the future.

Ike will be signed to a long term deal...we've invested way to much in him to let him go.

SteelerMurf 03-17-2006 07:07 PM

Every team needs 3 good CBs because a lot of the time they are on the field almost every down. Especially seeing Cincy twice a year, you can't just have 2 good corners and a so-so corner.

Ike will probably get an extension after the draft picks are signed.

DIESELMAN 03-17-2006 10:13 PM

We'll sign Ike........Deshea agreed to a four-year deal, $8 million contract that could be worth an additional $400,000 a year with incentives to re-sign.Townsend will make $3 million in the first year of the contract. Ike received a $1.55 million tender from the Steelers. If another team signs Taylor to an offer sheet, the Steelers would have to match it or would lose him and be compensated with a first-round draft choice.