Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   browns gameplan used against the seahawks? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6159)

tony hipchest 03-23-2006 05:54 PM

browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
i just realized after watching the steelers highlight dvd that 2 of our scoring plays were the same exact plays that we used in 2 games vs. the browns. randel els reverse pass in the first game with the browns and willies long td run in game 16.

i just found it funny the steelers treated the nfc champs like they do our own personnal whipping boy browns.

Midnightwriter1 03-23-2006 06:00 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
How we scored on that reverse when everyone ( Pittsburgh fans at least ) knew it was coming ... They had two weeks to prepare for that so is still kind of crazy that it worked so well

stillthere 03-23-2006 06:15 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
Quote:

How we scored on that reverse when everyone ( Pittsburgh fans at least ) knew it was coming ... They had two weeks to prepare for that so is still kind of crazy that it worked so well

The starting safety for Sea was injured or out on the play. If he was just out for a spell it was a heads up to the staff for making the call. If he was injured same thing way to sucker the backups in.

RoethlisBURGHer 03-23-2006 06:36 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
I just think it's hilarous that every Steeler fan knew what was coming on the ARE pass,but absolutley nobody,not even Holmgren (who is hailed as another "genious") else knew what was about to happen.

Hawk Believer 03-23-2006 08:34 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
That play was blown (along with the Parker run and that crazy 3rd and 500 pass that haunts me) months earlier when Ken Hamlin went out to a freakin nightclub and managed to get himself beaten over the head with a metal sign. When our 2nd string safety Manuel (who did a kick ass job replacing Hamlin last season) went out with an injury, our 3rd string saftey couldn't hack it and made terrible mistakes. We'd gotten by with no repercusion from the Hamlin incident until the most important game in our organization's existance. Frustrating.

Hamlin got cleared to return to football today. But who knows how he'll play after a traumatic brain injury? Marquan Manuel has left for Green Bay. We have signed another safety Shaunard Harts, but I don't think he has done much of anything in his NFL career so far. We'll need some more depth and will probably be looking for something in the draft.

tony hipchest 03-23-2006 08:53 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
That play was blown (along with the Parker run and that crazy 3rd and 500 pass that haunts me) months earlier when Ken Hamlin went out to a freakin nightclub and managed to get himself beaten over the head with a metal sign. When our 2nd string safety Manuel (who did a kick ass job replacing Hamlin last season) went out with an injury, our 3rd string saftey couldn't hack it and made terrible mistakes. We'd gotten by with no repercusion from the Hamlin incident until the most important game in our organization's existance. Frustrating.

Hamlin got cleared to return to football today. But who knows how he'll play after a traumatic brain injury? Marquan Manuel has left for Green Bay. We have signed another safety Shaunard Harts, but I don't think he has done much of anything in his NFL career so far. We'll need some more depth and will probably be looking for something in the draft.

the 3rd and 500 play i will give to ben and hines despite a poorly thrown but perfectly executed scramble and toss by ben. the 2nd 2 i will give to whiz for capitalizing on seattles safety woes. the previous year the steelers had gotten by with a rookie qb with no repercussion until that years most important game so i know how you feel. hopefully hamlin makes it back for you all. especially when you couldve had a. archuletta if you made him the highest paid safety in the nfl. :rolleyes:

Hawk Believer 03-23-2006 08:59 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the 3rd and 500 play i will give to ben and hines despite a poorly thrown but perfectly executed scramble and toss by ben. the 2nd 2 i will give to whiz for capitalizing on seattles safety woes. the previous year the steelers had gotten by with a rookie qb with no repercussion until that years most important game so i know how you feel. hopefully hamlin makes it back for you all. especially when you couldve had a. archuletta if you made him the highest paid safety in the nfl. :rolleyes:

So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract)

tony hipchest 03-23-2006 09:12 PM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract)

hell no. i wouldve gotten chris hope. according to him he was a team leader and solidified the steelers secondary. impressive feat if what he says is true and not just hyping himself up to his new team. i thought the cowboys desperately needed him and the seahawks definitely couldve used him. i think going after hutch longterm was definitely the right move though. safeties can be found.

Midnightwriter1 03-24-2006 01:06 AM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
i serious doubt he was the defensive leader on that squad..He may think he did because Troy doesnt talk, he just walks the walk and tackles and makes plays. He was trying to build himself up to new team i think.

stillthere 03-24-2006 05:12 AM

Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract)


No way Archuletta is the best safety in the NFL. No way he should be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Sean Taylor is a better safety (although an A@@hat)

B.Dawk is a better safety.

Roy Williams is a bigger hitter and about the same crapola in coverage.

That is just in the NFC East. The skins just don't get it. ARE should not be making more money than Hines Ward for that matter. Unreal is all I can say about stupid front office moves like this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum