Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2nd week in a row, heading to a 3rd (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61594)

thumper 11-08-2010 07:26 PM

2nd week in a row, heading to a 3rd

The best bet in the NFL is on a home underdog in a prime time game.

Well, that's what we got for a 2nd week in a row - a team with it's back against the wall,
who hates us more than they do any other team.

And then we got Pats next week, coming off a humiliating loss. Check out Brady's and Belichick's stats when coming off a loss.

Bottom line, if we can win ONE of next two, I will take it.

Or, drop them both and then not lose another game all season. That is also
a distinct possibility.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Cowher was right about that.

Make no mistake: We will get the Bengals' best tonight. Here's hoping their best isn't enough. We will find out. I can't forget how we couldn't get them off the field in either game last year when it mattered.

madtowndrunkard 11-08-2010 10:59 PM

Re: 2nd week in a row, heading to a 3rd

The Bengals best is laughable. They are a joke of a team.

The ONLY reason that game was close was because #1 Our kicker SUCKS. #2 The officiating was horrible. #3 Bruce Arians

Pathetic performance. I am not happy about this win at all. We should have destroyed this team. If they don't fumble the opening kickoff we lose to one of the wost teams in the league. Reed should be cut. Arians should be fired. Ben needs to step it up. He's looking awfully average for a QB trying to save his career.

NYC_Steeler 11-09-2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard (Post 863979)
The Bengals best is laughable. They are a joke of a team.

The ONLY reason that game was close was because #1 Our kicker SUCKS. #2 The officiating was horrible. #3 Bruce Arians

Pathetic performance. I am not happy about this win at all. We should have destroyed this team. If they don't fumble the opening kickoff we lose to one of the wost teams in the league. Reed should be cut. Arians should be fired. Ben needs to step it up. He's looking awfully average for a QB trying to save his career.

While I agree that Jeff Reed needs to be sent packing and that Arians calls some of the stupidest plays known to man, you can't blame Ben much - he did what he could to survive a porous O-line. They were simply terrible in giving Ben time to throw - he was constantly running all over the place. He made some great plays to avoid sacks - at least 3 that I can remember. This is a bad O-line, and the damage could've been alot worse if not for Ben's skills and strength in getting out of trouble.

steelcity1974 11-09-2010 08:51 AM

Other than multiple WR screen passes and the 3 and out series late in the 3rd quarter (all passes when we were up 13), BA called a pretty good game. Especially liked the 1st quarter Ben roll out screen to Mendy that got us down to the 2 or 3. Also good to run the ball on that series that got us into FG range to put the game away (nice miss Reed). I think BA should be fired, so for me to compliment him is a big deal.

Rotorhead 11-09-2010 09:42 AM

I sound like a broken record, I think our OL changes dictated some of the play calling ( multiple screens to Ward) and also a cause for the breakdown protection for a bit, fortunately we wore down their def and were able to run successfully at the end.

wootawnee 11-09-2010 01:42 PM

I miss Big Willie C from da Bronx......