Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Arnaz Battle. Can someone give me some insight? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61623)

Fire Arians 11-09-2010 12:16 AM

Arnaz Battle. Can someone give me some insight?

What impact is this guy making on special teams? I swear with all the things reporters are always saying about him, and how important he is to our special teams units, you'd think this guy was the 2nd coming of Steve Tasker.

Now my question is what good thing has Battle done this year? What impact did he make in any game? He doesn't seem to be an impact ST player like say, Stevenson Sylvester. Hell even Emmanuel Sanders made more tackles on ST than him and hasn't played every game this season.

Antonio Brown played 3 games, and did more than Battle did all season (2 tackles and 1TD vs 3 tackles. So why is he active on gameday again?

tony hipchest 11-09-2010 12:22 AM

Re: Arnaz Battle. Can someone give me some insight?

have you seen 4 ST td's scored against us 4 weeks in a row?

the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Fire Arians 11-09-2010 12:25 AM

no but how is he contributing? if not in tackles does he have responsibility for containing something or re-routing a returner? it seems like the first player down the field is sly or sanders. battle? it's rare i see him anywhere near the play

DanRooney 11-09-2010 12:31 AM

Answer: His contribution to the team is solely this: Battle still being on the roster makes Tomlin look like less of a dumbass for signing him.

Brown should be playing.

tony hipchest 11-09-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 864051)
no but how is he contributing? if not in tackles does he have responsibility for containing something or re-routing a returner? it seems like the first player down the field is sly or sanders. battle? it's rare i see him anywhere near the play

i think he's pretty much an ace on all teams much like a. madison (whos name hasnt been called much this season either).

much like aaron smith is on defense, you dont really know they are there until they are gone.

unfortunately ST's doesnt really translate to television as the camera follows the ball as opposed to the units, so its really impossible to see if gunners are double teamed and getting shoved way out of bounds.

much like the steelers DL open up lanes for the linebackers, it is likely it is the gunners making middle players such as worilds and stevenson look so good.

:hunch:

Fire Arians 11-09-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 864057)
i think he's pretty much an ace on all teams much like a. madison (whos name hasnt been called much this season either).

much like aaron smith is on defense, you dont really know they are there until they are gone.

unfortunately ST's doesnt really translate to television as the camera follows the ball as opposed to the units, so its really impossible to see if gunners are double teamed and getting shoved way out of bounds.

much like the steelers DL open up lanes for the linebackers, it is likely it is the gunners making middle players such as worilds and stevenson look so good.

:hunch:

I'll take your word for it, after all no kick return td's were given up yet so something is working a lot better than recent years. Just usually when I'm used to hearing the 'special teams ace' title, players like larry izzo and steve tasker come to mind

tony hipchest 11-09-2010 01:02 AM

key fox is the special teams captain, but he hasnt exactly been drawing the announcers and talking heads off their seats.

while i cant really confirm from the shots provided by the television feeds, i gotta take for granted that he is contributing. :noidea: