Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who's your 4th round pick? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=617)

Ironman 04-24-2005 08:19 AM

Who's your 4th round pick?

I think it has to be Kay-Jay Harris, RB, West Virginia if he's there. The Steelers need to get a RB in this draft. I wanted Eric Shelton, Louisville but Carolina got him in the 2nd round. T.A. McLendon, NC State is also a good fit for the kind of running the Steelers do. He's also a local guy... at least for me. :)

clevestinks 04-24-2005 08:44 AM

Re: Who's your 4th round pick?

I`d like to see a WR, or DL. Kimo will be gone next year, as long as Hayes stays healthy, we have 4 running backs that I like.

BB2W 04-24-2005 09:52 AM

I would like to see RB's Kay-Jay Harris, Brandon Jacobs, or WR's Jerome Mathis, Roydell Williams, and Craphonso Thorpe.

Prosdo 04-24-2005 10:29 AM

I would like to see Harris if we go with a RB. I would maybe like to see a good WR drafted this round. If not next round. I also agree we need to start breaking someone in for Kimo.

BB2W 04-24-2005 10:36 AM

The 4th round is not the time to find a replacement for Kimo. A 4th rounder probably would not be any better than Keisel or Kirtshke. I think we should draft a DL in the first two rounds of next years draft.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-24-2005 10:36 AM

I think we gotta go DL .. yeah we have kirschke, hoke, etc..but if we wanna groom a big time DE to replace Kimo, we better grab him today.

BB2W 04-24-2005 10:42 AM

You can't get a big-time DL in the fourth round........he would be no better than Keisel, Kirtshke, or Hoke. I am sure they will take DL for depth, but he will not be the replacement for Kimo. I would rather take a stud early in next years draft.

BB2W 04-24-2005 10:43 AM

Also, I don't think you need to "groom' a DL.........you just tell them to go get the guy with the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-24-2005 10:50 AM

I disagree, you absolutely need to groom a DL to play in our system. The 3-4 is not like a 4-3, there's many more nuances, schemes, dropping back into coverage, techniques, etc. that you have to learn. Having natural talent and being good in college is a good start yes, but asking a rookie to come in a be a starter in a 3-4 zone blitz scheme is asking WAY too much normally.

BB2W 04-24-2005 11:02 AM

Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton started in thier rookie years. No grooming........DL is not a complicated position no matter how many things you try to do. You either rush, stunt, or drop back in a zone blitz :hunch: What is so hard?