Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I Havenít Scratched the Surface (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61933)

mesaSteeler 11-13-2010 11:16 PM

I Havenít Scratched the Surface

I Havenít Scratched the Surface
Lawrence Timmions Blog
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_I-Hav...widgetId=18061
November 9, 2010

The Bengals swept us last year and won the AFC North, so to get a win against them was real big for us. Our offense really took off, and I give our defense a lot of credit for creating a lot of turnovers and giving the offense chances to capitalize on them. That was the story of the game for sure.

Weíre at midseason now and I think our offense is really starting to come into its own. We have an established running game and Ben is always making great plays. We have a deep threat in Mike Wallace and our rookie Emmanuel Sanders is stepping up and making big plays on special teams.

If we stay healthy I think we have a good chance to stay on top of the AFC and possibly get a home playoff game. Weíre not looking that far ahead, though. This team definitely takes it one game at a time, so right now weíre focused on the Patriots on Sunday night. You never want to overlook your next game, thatís not a good attitude to have.

For me personally halfway through the season, I thought I would have more sacks. I feel like Iím below the bar there. And I feel against Cincinnati I could have had way more tackles, though not sacks because when the quarterback is getting rid of the ball on the third step, thereís not much that you can do. Iím just trying to put myself in position to help the defense in any way I can. Thatís the way I always look at it.

I think Iíve done well, but I donít think Iíve scratched the surface yet. Iím always striving to get better, and I know I can do a whole lot better. I left some big plays out there on the field this week. I know that I need to help the corners out and get a body position on the curl when Iím dropping in the curl flat area. I need to read screens better, too, Iíve been below par on that. You always want to strive to get better in this league. Iím always hard on myself. Never satisfied.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Thatís the attitude of the guys on this team, especially Harrison and Farrior. They always go at it hard, theyíre the bread and butter of this defense. They go out real hard, theyíre unselfish, and they always sell out for the team. Theyíre great guys to have in the locker room. Farrior had like 10 tackles and a sack against Cincinnati. He was really balling out there.

I want to thank you fans for your support during games and on Twitter, it really does mean a lot to me. Keep voting for me for the Pro Bowl (www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot). As always I appreciate your support.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lawrencetimmons.

tony hipchest 11-13-2010 11:41 PM

Re: I Havenít Scratched the Surface

i really enjoy his blog. with young players seeming so focused on attention wh0ring and grandstanding, i find his humble sincerity a breath of fresh air.

i definitely voted him for the pro bowl.

he seems to be the epitome of "walk softly and carry a big stick" and certainly seems to fill the tradition of steelers drafting great 1st rounders in 2003-2010.

markymarc 11-14-2010 03:34 PM

Re: I Havenít Scratched the Surface

I think Lawrence Timmons does a great job on his blog. IMHO he has been our best defensive player so far this season.