Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Do You Feel About Ben Running The Offense? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61950)

MikeHaullace 11-14-2010 02:05 AM

How Do You Feel About Ben Running The Offense?

I think he has matured (at least as a QB) enough to be trusted to run the offense based on what he sees, somewhat like that of Peyton Manning, though we all know it would never be to his level.

I just think it makes more sense anyway for the QB to be running the show. An offensive coordinator position seems like a sham. (Maybe B.A. has made me cynical.)

So what do yinz think?

tony hipchest 11-14-2010 02:18 AM

Re: How Do You Feel About Ben Running The Offense?

one time ben threw for 5 td's in the 1st half of a game vs the ravens (tying an nfl record). he was shut down in the 2nd half and the steelers practiced the "mercy rule".

arians offense is incapable of putting up more than 5 td's in a single game, which is kinda pathetic considering the talent and ammount of years he has been a coordinator.

you have right to be cynical. im pretty sure ben would go for records and not call boneheaded reverses coming out of a timeout (right before half) that take the steelers out of FG range.

brett favre

SoCalFan 11-14-2010 02:25 AM

I think they need to mix in the no huddle alot more often!

MikeHaullace 11-14-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalFan (Post 865250)

I think you are absolutely right.

Things may not always be as the seem, however...

It seems to me that the offense seems to gain chunks of yardage when playing from the no-huddle. Rapidly. Frequently.

Then again, it happens so sparingly, I could just be imagining it all.

Steeler4life1972 11-14-2010 02:50 AM

Ben knows the offense inside and out....let him do the no huddle!!! ****in' Arians holds us back....let Ben play from the hip and improvise....check back and look when Ben does a lot of no huddle we score a lot of points!!!

MikeHaullace 11-14-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 (Post 865253)
Ben knows the offense inside and out....let him do the no huddle!!! ****in' Arians holds us back....let Ben play from the hip and improvise....check back and look when Ben does a lot of no huddle we score a lot of points!!!

My only concern would be Ben's ability to read packages and tendencies from the line.

He's been concussed a few times, has eaten a windshield, and allegedly two young women.

I am not sure his mind is ever going to mature as it should based on the trauma received.

That said...

There's one thing for certain: Ben is a quarterback. And a damn good one. You can't take the "it" away from him, no matter how much he herps and derps.

Cut Ben lose. Live by Ben's decisions. Die by Ben's decisions.

He wants to be the General. Let him lead.

Fire Arians 11-14-2010 03:48 AM

better than arians running it

Whodis 11-14-2010 06:22 AM

I believe we ran a no huddle against Cleveland in the first half? (some one help me here) He was at least getting the offense to the line and was able to adjust the call to the blitz they were running. It also seemed to get the snap off before the play clock was down t 1 second. Sort of on the lines of what Manning would do. I thought it worked well and we seemed to be in a good rhythm.

Like a lot of things we do in the first half. We made half time adjustments to make sure we would never see it again.

BengalDestroyer 11-14-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalFan (Post 865250)

I agree, especially tonight against a young, vulnerable defense like NE's.

lionslicer 11-14-2010 09:44 AM

It seems everytime he audibles or checks out of one of Arians plays, its a positive gain, but when it doesn't, it's a negative gain... Bruce Arians sucks.

Brett Favre