Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers dead last in pass attempts. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61966)

zulater 11-14-2010 11:18 AM

Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

With our offensive line I'm not sure that's going to change anytime soon. :noidea:

Stlrs4Life 11-14-2010 11:22 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Good, I hope it stays that way. I love it when we can run the ball.

theplatypus 11-14-2010 11:27 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Dead last in pass attempts and middle of the pack in points per game.

SamUK 11-14-2010 11:32 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Would only be a real issue if we were say doing a 1-7 like the cryboys!

Aslong as we keep winning, it can come through the air, on the ground, ST or from the D!!

We still not quite in the top 10 for rushing yards this season, but its promising!

zulater 11-14-2010 11:42 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamUK (Post 865298)
Would only be a real issue if we were say doing a 1-7 like the cryboys!

Aslong as we keep winning, it can come through the air, on the ground, ST or from the D!!

We still not quite in the top 10 for rushing yards this season, but its promising!

You'd think being dead last in pass attempts that it would be a given that we were top 10 in running the ball.



Sorry, but I have to go against the early consensus, you have an elite quarterback, use him.

lionslicer 11-14-2010 11:46 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
It's only dead last because of the first 4 games of the season. Ben has actually had above the average amount of pass atempts a game since he got back.

You might say we shouldn't throw more because the offensive line is banged up, but they also can't run block. Miller and Spaeth have been pass blocking a lot so I assume Ben will still throw the ball 25-30 times a game.

SamUK 11-14-2010 11:52 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lionslicer (Post 865304)
It's only dead last because of the first 4 games of the season. Ben has actually had above the average amount of pass atempts a game since he got back.
.

He has had 109 attempts in 4 games.... so double that for 8 and we would still only be ranked 28 in pass attempts!

When we do throw.... top 10 for % completion and the best stat at all to back zulater up on why we should throw more...

Yards per Completion average = 8.2
2nd in the league only behind the Chargers!

lionslicer 11-14-2010 11:56 AM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamUK (Post 865307)
He has had 109 attempts in 4 games.... so double that for 8 and we would still only be ranked 28 in pass attempts!

When we do throw.... top 10 for % completion and the best stat at all to back zulater up on why we should throw more...

Yards per Completion average = 8.2
2nd in the league only behind the Chargers!

If you were to look at the league average of atempts over the past couple years, its 25... Ben averages like 27 a game, thats above average, I don't know why this year seems to be the year of 35 pass atempts per team. I remember when Ben only passed the ball liek 15 times a game and Steelers were still in the 20's of pass atempts.

El-Gonzo Jackson 11-14-2010 01:15 PM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
Yeah, Ben hasnt been sacked as much after 8 games when compared to last year either.

Oops, I guess him sitting out 4 games had something to do with that. The only real important stat so far is 6-2.

Fire Arians 11-14-2010 02:07 PM

Re: Steelers dead last in pass attempts.
 
we're probably last in total offensive plays. it's what you get when you go 3 and out half the time


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum