Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holmes game-winning big play should up today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61972)

thumper 11-14-2010 04:07 PM

Holmes game-winning big play should up today

I have to admit: Before the season is over we will regret
that Holmes is a Jet and not a Steeler. He just capped off
another RAC, game-winning huge play to beat Cleveland in OT
with less than 1 minute left.

Taking that away from Pgh and giving it to an AFC contender is likely
to be our downfall. That sucks.

StainlessStill 11-14-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Holmes game-winning big play should up today

Sucked at the time, but I'll quote coach Mikey T on this one: "such is life in the NFL."

You're going to have to get over it, we have a big game ourselves tonight and see the Jets in some weeks as well. It's Pittsburgh Steelers time.:helmet:

tony hipchest 11-14-2010 04:24 PM

no regrets and not worried. it just sucks we couldnt trade him to minnesota for a 3rd.

SteelCityMom 11-14-2010 04:26 PM

He was nothing but a distraction in an already tumultuous year. I don't regret him being gone at all. Time to move on from it.

mikegrimey 11-14-2010 04:34 PM

Yea our offense definitely misses him. You are right that it may end up biting us in the ass before it's all said and done. As soon as it happened I questioned the wisdom in trading him to a top tier afc rival for so little. Might as well have released him and took our chances that way.

Gotta press on though.

SH-Rock 11-14-2010 04:44 PM

Should've sent him to the NFC west, he is greatly needed there, while in that case they need as much good players as they can get

lionslicer 11-14-2010 04:58 PM

When Steelers and Jets meet in the playoffs and Holmes catches the game winning TD i'm sure everyone will wish he was a Steeler... But I agree he was a distraction... Look at TO and how he destroys teams from the inside out.
Holmes isn't a distraction in new york because he's with a bunch of other law breakers on the team with an idiot head coach and a million other things.

Atlanta Dan 11-14-2010 04:59 PM

Nobody ever doubted he was a playmaker - Steelers did not give him away because of that

Agreed Holmes is a great get for the Jets this season in his contract year

Good luck to whomever rolls the dice on a long term contract with him and assumes he will not test positive for marijuana again - I think the next positive test means a one year suspension

skinart82 11-14-2010 05:27 PM

HE would have come back to Bite the Steelers in the ass if they would have kept him. He is talented, but he is not a Steeler! Wallace will be everything Holmes was and is!

Fire Arians 11-14-2010 05:38 PM

our wr corps will be fine. wallace is coming into his own and i think emmanuel sanders will be a good wr