Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mr. Money at Heinz Field at it again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=61990)

LVSteelersfan 11-14-2010 09:50 PM

Mr. Money at Heinz Field at it again

I am so furious with Jeff Reed I could spit. How do you miss a chip shot like that one? If he is not gone by next year I think the Steeler's front office has lost their freakin' minds.

steelerchad 11-14-2010 09:55 PM

Re: Mr. Money at Heinz Field at it again

Do you think Skippy being disgruntled about being tagged is the problem. He really sucks this year and I know he had a major issue with the tag. Well, he's cost himself a decent payday and might not even have a job in the league next year.

lionslicer 11-14-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 866184)
Do you think Skippy being disgruntled about being tagged is the problem. He really sucks this year and I know he had a major issue with the tag. Well, he's cost himself a decent payday and might not even have a job in the league next year.

Yea he's losing games for us on purpose...

LVSteelersfan 11-14-2010 10:37 PM

Reed can't even kick an onside kick right. Aren't they supposed to hit the ground and bounce way up into the air? That was pathetic.

mikegrimey 11-14-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 866184)

Well think about this for a minute. If Reed doesn't like being tagged, does he think sandbagging is going to get him a new contract or heighten the interest for him in free agency?

No, looks like he's cooked. I've seen it before, when kickers are cooked, they're cooked.

TRH 11-14-2010 10:49 PM

Reed...

wow.....you can't even count on Reed to make a decent on-side kick. Thats 2 very poor attempts at an "on-side" kick.
Lets review....
Things you can't count on Reed for :
1. to make field goals
2. to perform a legitimate on-side kick try
3. to kick the ball in the end-zone on kickoffs
4. to tackle run-backs (looks like a little girl "trying" to tackle)

I'm starting to get nervous even on extra point trys..
He HAS to go.

MasterOfPuppets 11-14-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikegrimey (Post 866449)
Well think about this for a minute. If Reed doesn't like being tagged, does he think sandbagging is going to get him a new contract or heighten the interest for him in free agency?

No, looks like he's cooked. I've seen it before, when kickers are cooked, they're cooked.

yep. before last year the bengals shane grahm was considered one of the best.

TRH 11-14-2010 11:31 PM

he was already on "the edge". He may really have sunk his career across the board tonight. When you're considered "very close to sucking..", you don't miss 26 yard field goals.

mikegrimey 11-14-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 866467)
yep. before last year the bengals shane grahm was considered one of the best.

Good point. Need I even mention the famously accurate kicker Mike Vanderjact?

Just seems to happen to a lot of kickers, something in them snaps and they can't perform like they used to. Reed isn't missing on purpose, he's just done, he'll be gone by next year. In the meantime, we have to try and get what we can out of him.

lionslicer 11-14-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikegrimey (Post 866574)
Good point. Need I even mention the famously accurate kicker Mike Vanderjact?

Just seems to happen to a lot of kickers, something in them snaps and they can't perform like they used to. Reed isn't missing on purpose, he's just done, he'll be gone by next year. In the meantime, we have to try and get what we can out of him.

Its surprising how fast kickers can decline... But some kickers go from no one to great. You don't know what you get when you sign them. Steelers had a kicker either this preseason or last year that was pretty good...