Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   It's Official: Goodell hates the Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62224)

Hayeksheroes 11-17-2010 06:12 PM

It's Official: Goodell hates the Steelers

There is no other explanation for Goodell not punishing Patrick Chung. His helmet to helmet hit caused Ward's concussion. That should be grounds enough for a fine. Ward is an NFL star. Goodell has yet to impose a fine. What a double standard?

Patrick Chung was fine for his hit on Chad Henne. Chung's hit did not cause a concussion.

I think Goodell is jealous of the Rooneys. The Rooneys have more clout in the NFL than Goodell. I hope the Players Union can reign in this tyrant before he ruins the NFL and Harrison and Troy are forced to wear skirts.

Need4spd 11-17-2010 06:15 PM

Re: It's Official: Goodell hates the Steelers

Sorry, but there is no way Chung should be punished in any way, shape, or form for that hit whether the result was a concussion or not. Just because some of the other punishments he has imposed on players around the league, James Harrison included, may have seemed a little over the top doesn't automatically mean that Chung deserves a fine here.

tony hipchest 11-17-2010 06:22 PM

goodell is still hypocritical in his levying of the fines and ambiguous w/ his explanations.

stb_steeler 11-17-2010 07:06 PM

:iagree: Goodell still answers to his mother!

MikeHaullace 11-17-2010 07:17 PM

F^%k Roger Goodell.

lionslicer 11-17-2010 07:18 PM

Everyone else in the league says he loves the Steelers...

I think he hates any smashmouth defensive team.

stb_steeler 11-17-2010 07:21 PM

Goodell can kiss my !@#$

Set-Man 11-17-2010 07:46 PM

Goodell receives no respect because he has no consistency. Week after week he picks certain players to fine while others go free. They really need a panel consisting of retired refs, players, and coaches to do the fining.

WeegiesWarriors 11-17-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4spd (Post 867858)
Sorry, but there is no way Chung should be punished in any way, shape, or form for that hit whether the result was a concussion or not. Just because some of the other punishments he has imposed on players around the league, James Harrison included, may have seemed a little over the top doesn't automatically mean that Chung deserves a fine here.

Actually it does. They called it incomplete through replay review which means Ward was a defenseless receiver at the time of the hit. Had they called it a fumble then that would mean that he would have made the catch, turned up field, and became a ball carrier and helmet to helmet is no longer a penalty or fine-able offense.

The NFL dropped it here. They ruled on the field that it was incomplete. A 15 yard penalty should have been thrown number 1. Number 2 a fine should be given to the defender. He hit helmet to helmet what was determined to be a defenseless receiver. He clearly led with the helmet

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but even I'm wondering what the deal is with Goodell and the Steelers. Something isn't right here.

Whodis 11-17-2010 08:55 PM

We should stop threads like this.

we sound like Browns fans. These fines need to stop. It's killin the game