Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers offensive linemen banged up again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62536)

mesaSteeler 11-22-2010 06:02 AM

Steelers offensive linemen banged up again

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_710469.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers offensive linemen banged up again

By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Steelers came out of their 35-3 win over the Raiders in relatively good health.

The game did take its toll on the unit that has been hit hardest with injuries this season.

Center Maurkice Pouncey (knee contusion), left guard Chris Kemoeatu (cramps) and left tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle) all missed part of yesterday's game because of injuries.

The good news for the Steelers is none of the injuries appears to be serious, and Pouncey said it is unlikely he will need an MRI to assess any damage to his left knee.

The injuries, while minor, did force the Steelers to do some shuffling along the offensive line, which has become a weekly ritual.

At one point yesterday, the Steelers had Trai Essex at left guard, Ramon Foster at right guard and Doug Legursky at center.

Foster started in place of Essex yesterday at right guard, and coach Mike Tomlin said his decision at that position was not dictated by injuries.

"Trai was below the line," Tomlin said. "We'll assess (Foster's) work and proceed from there. We need winning performances from everybody."

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review can be reached at or .

theplatypus 11-22-2010 06:09 AM

Re: Steelers offensive linemen banged up again

Trai "the human turnstile" Essex

CaliStillersFan 11-22-2010 09:36 AM

Do we have any starters left on the o-line? Better bust out the HGH and get those boys healed up quickly. OOPS I'm kidding Fuhrer Goodell, don't fine me.

SteelCityMom 11-22-2010 09:45 AM

Yeah, this really scares the crap out of me. It worked out ok yesterday, but against a playoff defense it'll certainly be a huge problem. Sucks that they can't mostly be healthy (for an entire game)...but hopefully the backups push on as best the can.

Acerinox 11-23-2010 12:38 AM

What happens, I wonder, if we lose another one for the season? Is there anyone in free agency that we could pickup? A released rookie? Anyone know?

Rotorhead 11-23-2010 09:26 AM

Well one positive is we will have a full 2 veteran offensive lines after this season!

MDSteel15 11-23-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan (Post 869772)
Do we have any starters left on the o-line? Better bust out the HGH and get those boys healed up quickly. OOPS I'm kidding Fuhrer Goodell, don't fine me.

Just gp to Harrisons locker and get a vile.....shhhhh :wave:

vasteeler 11-23-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead (Post 870105)
Well one positive is we will have a full 2 veteran offensive lines after this season!

thats the spirit :thumbsup:

Rotorhead 11-23-2010 03:05 PM

In all honesty, Kemo needs to get his ass on a treadmill if he is leaving the game for cramps, and for gods sake hydrate! Glad Pouncey is going to be fine. I am liking Legursky more everytime I see him out there. I just hope they can continue with that starting rotation for this game so they can get some sort of cohesion before the Ravens game.

BKAnthem 11-24-2010 10:06 PM

Wow...it's a good thing we drafted all those Linebackers....