Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Teams who can pass beat Pgh (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62856)

thumper 11-27-2010 03:59 PM

Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
And that isn't going to change, come play offs, if we make it.

Teams that have to run to win, like the Raiders, are cooked geese
if they play Pgh, but teams that can pass all day (N.O., Pats) can
and will beat this team, period. I don't see that changing this year.

What can be done about it? Upgrade DBs and pass rush next season.
How? Not sure, but until they fix that, we are definitely in trouble vs.
teams who can pass without needing a rushing game.

ricardisimo 11-27-2010 04:18 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
I'm not catching the meter and rhyme scheme. Could someone explain this to me? Are these like post-modern haikus?

SteelerEmpire 11-27-2010 04:25 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
As long as we "mostly" blitz, what we 'didn't' do against NE, NO and the Ravens AND the team "shows up" (no be lazy) we will be fine. A "ready" Steeler team can beat all of those passing teams...

steelerchad 11-27-2010 04:32 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 870981)
And that isn't going to change, come play offs, if we make it.

Teams that have to run to win, like the Raiders, are cooked geese
if they play Pgh, but teams that can pass all day (N.O., Pats) can
and will beat this team, period. I don't see that changing this year.

What can be done about it? Upgrade DBs and pass rush next season.
How? Not sure, but until they fix that, we are definitely in trouble vs.
teams who can pass without needing a rushing game.

We didn't lose the New Orleans game because of our defense. Our offense failed all day. 10 points won't cut it. New Orleans can pass, yet they didn't get it going at all until the 4th quarter.

ricardisimo 11-27-2010 04:35 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 870985)
We didn't lose the New Orleans game because of our defense. Our offense failed all day. 10 points won't cut it. New Orleans can't pass, yet they didn't get it going at all until the 4th quarter.

:huh:

MattsMe 11-27-2010 04:52 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 870983)
I'm not catching the meter and rhyme scheme. Could someone explain this to me? Are these like post-modern haikus?

It's unrhymed, uniambic, unpantemeter. Duh.

You're so 20th century ric.

California-Steel 11-27-2010 05:28 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 870981)
And that isn't going to change, come play offs, if we make it.

Teams that have to run to win, like the Raiders, are cooked geese
if they play Pgh, but teams that can pass all day (N.O., Pats) can
and will beat this team, period. I don't see that changing this year.

What can be done about it? Upgrade DBs and pass rush next season.
How? Not sure, but until they fix that, we are definitely in trouble vs.
teams who can pass without needing a rushing game.

Ask Manning (the one from the Colts) how that worked out a few years ago.

Don't you worry to much about it. When they want to the Steelers can and do fix things.

The Colts kicked our buts on a Monday night with the pass, but came playoff time passing did not work so well. Go figure! :noidea:

Fire Arians 11-27-2010 05:48 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
the defense plays good when they get a fire lit under their asses. but for some reason, that never happens when they play against tom brady

the pats are just our kryptonite, i like our chances vs anyone else.

ricardisimo 11-27-2010 06:47 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MattsMe (Post 870992)
It's unrhymed, uniambic, unpantemeter. Duh.

You're so 20th century ric.

And I am so ashamed. :blush:

ZoneBlitzer 11-27-2010 07:06 PM

Re: Teams who can pass beat Pgh
 
I would opt to confuse teams. Let them run on you all day. Then when it comes time to pass, you stop them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum