Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Another injury may sideline Keisel (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62866)

mesaSteeler 11-27-2010 11:06 PM

Another injury may sideline Keisel

Another injury may sideline Keisel
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_711298.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, November 28, 2010

Steelers defensive Brett Keisel may not play today after waking up Saturday morning with an injured calf muscle.

The Steelers listed Keisel as questionable for the 1 p.m. game in Buffalo. The 6-foot-6, 285-pounder did not appear on their injury report following the team's final practice of the week Friday.

The Steelers may err on the side of caution with Keisel since he has missed four games and played sparingly in another after pulling a hamstring on Oct. 17 against the Browns.

With Aaron Smith out until at least the latter part of December he is recovering from a partially torn triceps the Steelers have had their starting defensive ends play together in just five games this season.

If Keisel is unable to play against the Bills, Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood will start at defensive end.

Starks pitches in

Max Starks' season is over, but the veteran left tackle has embraced a new role since the Steelers placed him on injured reserve Nov. 10.

Starks, who had surgery to repair an injured disk in his neck, has been a regular at the Steelers' practice facility, attending offensive line meetings and helping his teammates.

"I'm more like a player-coach, like (former NBA player-coach) Tree Rollins or something," said Starks, who is expected to make a full recovery from his injury.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

steeltheone 11-28-2010 12:39 AM

Re: Another injury may sideline Keisel

Keisel can't wake up without injuring himself....Cut

Whodis 11-28-2010 07:27 AM

Can't cut him. Healthy he's an absolute beast! We need to get the Diesel back and I'd rather have him at the end of the season. I agree that this is disappointing, but Ziggy Hood hasn't been the 1st rd fill-in we all expected.

jjpro11 11-28-2010 09:19 AM

he's been pretty durable throughout his career. it's just one of those years i guess.

dcsteel5804 11-28-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 871077)
Can't cut him. Healthy he's an absolute beast! We need to get the Diesel back and I'd rather have him at the end of the season. I agree that this is disappointing, but Ziggy Hood hasn't been the 1st rd fill-in we all expected.

I don't think that Ziggy is a bust or anything, but I really don't think his pure, natural skills and athletic abilities warrented a first round pick. In the last game, he did get after the Quarterback a little bit, but he looked like an out of shape fat kid chasing Gradkowski. And that's OK for just an OK D-End, but this guy is a first round pick, and I'd like to see a little more WOW factor, where despite is size, he's incredibly athletic and can get to the QB instead of look like fool. That's just my opinion. I think Ziggy will be good, but never great. I don't think he has the physical skills to be great.

Fire Arians 11-28-2010 11:11 AM

hood and eason have been filling in well

dcsteel5804 11-28-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 871107)
hood and eason have been filling in well

I agree that they have been playing well, but I expect more than "well" from a first round pick. I know some may bring up Timmons for an example of a 1st rounder who didn't play exceptionally until this year, but he always showed flashes of his incredible athleticism.

steeltheone 11-28-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 871077)

After the season ...Cut Eason and hood have been just fine.