Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   not a bad day for playing 3 oppenents... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62937)

TRH 11-28-2010 06:55 PM

not a bad day for playing 3 oppenents...

We didn't do too bad i thought today against the bills....considering it was the Steelers VS. the Bills, the refs, and the league office.
Not too shabby. How many other teams can say they got to play 3 teams today?
:toofunny:

DoctorCAD 11-28-2010 08:38 PM

Re: not a bad day for playing 3 oppenents...

I'd say 85 - 90% of the calls were legit.

Thats the sad part.

SteelCityMom 11-28-2010 08:40 PM

Yeah...no whining from me either. The only one I thought was awful was the Harrison penalty. Most others were horrible mistakes on the Steelers part.

TRH 11-28-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 872105)
Yeah...no whining from me either. The only one I thought was awful was the Harrison penalty. Most others were horrible mistakes on the Steelers part.

The REAL sad part of this is that we'll probably lose James for a game and he's gonna probably get hit w/a stiff penalty to his wallet again. Will be a real travesty of justice if it happens because the hit was completely legitimate and shouldn't have even got a flag.

ricksteelers55 11-28-2010 09:07 PM

I think the toughest opponent we had to face today wasnt the ref or the Bills but ourselves.

and I'd say 95% of the calls were legit.

BTW: Yes Silverback was leading with his helmet.Hopefully they will not suspend him for next week huuge matchup against Baltimwh0re

Steel_Bus_24 11-28-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 (Post 872117)
I think the toughest opponent we had to face today wasnt the ref or the Bills but ourselves.

BTW: Yes Silverback was leading with his helmet.Hopefully they will not suspend him for next week huuge matchup against Baltimwh0re

that would be such bullsh** if he got suspended for that

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1821265_n.jpg

SteelCityMom 11-28-2010 09:21 PM

I just think it's a bullshit rule and call. If he hit him in the head...fine. But what's he supposed to do? Rip his head off and then tackle someone?

jjpro11 11-29-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 (Post 872117)

who gives a shit if he led with his head.. he hit the QB square in the chest-pads... no spear to the unprotected back.. and no shot to the head. it was a typical knee-jerk overreaction call because James Harrison was the one laying the hit.

tony hipchest 11-29-2010 12:30 AM

^^^true^^^

LVSteelersfan 11-29-2010 12:44 AM

Although I agree wholeheartedly on the Harrison calls, it is not going to end any time soon. Ben got whacked good on one of his plays and nothing called like usual. If it happens again against the Ravens, I give up worrying about it because it is absolutely ridiculous the Steelers players can't hit anyone any more without a flag. Most of the calls were legit but at least two were total crap.