Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   12 Tricks To Increase Your Firefox Speed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=63000)

MasterOfPuppets 11-29-2010 07:31 AM

12 Tricks To Increase Your Firefox Speed

http://www.tutzone.org/2009/01/incre...by-10-30x.html

SteelCityMom 11-29-2010 10:07 AM

Re: 12 Tricks To Increase Your Firefox Speed

Trick #1...install Google Chrome. :chuckle:

Thanks for these though...I occasionally still use FireFox for some things, so I'll try some of these out.

MasterOfPuppets 11-29-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 872369)
Trick #1...install Google Chrome. :chuckle:

Thanks for these though...I occasionally still use FireFox for some things, so I'll try some of these out.

actually i think your supposed to do all 12. i did it and have noticed the difference. :noidea:

SteelCityMom 11-29-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 872415)
actually i think your supposed to do all 12. i did it and have noticed the difference. :noidea:

Gotcha. I'm gonna be honest and admit I didn't even look at the article when I posted that lol. I figured it was just some tips and hints...something like that.

My problems with FF go way beyond the speed of it though. I'll try this out next time I have to use it (which isn't all that often anymore), but I always have issues with it when new (ghost) plug-ins are added and it crashes on me quite often (because it's a resource hog and usually can't handle pages with with flash content). It's Netscape in disguise IMO. The only browser worse than it IMO is Opera. I've had these problems with it in XP, Vista and Ubuntu (to a lesser degree).

ricardisimo 11-29-2010 04:48 PM

It's funny. Every couple of years I try Opera, thinking "Why don't I ever use it?" :doh:

Firefox and Seamonkey are my faves. Mind you, I'm on Linux, and I think open source apps tend to work best on open source systems.

MattsMe 11-29-2010 05:18 PM

I just did all of these things. The first time I restarted firefox, it froze. I thought you'd played a prank on me. The second time everything worked great and it really is running much faster.

Awesome post.

ricardisimo 11-29-2010 05:23 PM

What I most like is how from the front page of SFF, the thread's title just reads "12 Tricks To Increase Your..." I sped over here as fast as I could, only to be completely let down by the actual topic. :banging:

MattsMe 11-29-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 872570)
What I most like is how from the front page of SFF, the thread's title just reads "12 Tricks To Increase Your..." I sped over here as fast as I could, only to be completely let down by the actual topic. :banging:

:sofunny:

If you'll just post your email address, I will gladly forward you all of my spam on the subject you were hoping to find here.

ricardisimo 11-29-2010 05:53 PM

You mean those emails I get regarding c y a l i s and v1ag@ra? Those aren't spam... they're completely legit.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Nigerian fellow who needs my help getting his funds released. Poor guy... he worked his butt off as Finance Minister, and now they're telling him he can't keep the millions he stole! What is this world coming to?

Anyhow, I think he's going to repay me generously for helping him out. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom 11-29-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 872552)
It's funny. Every couple of years I try Opera, thinking "Why don't I ever use it?" :doh:

Firefox and Seamonkey are my faves. Mind you, I'm on Linux, and I think open source apps tend to work best on open source systems.

I've never tried Seamonkey before...will have to check it out. Opera pisses me off in both Linux and Windows...it's just a shitty browser. Firefox works fine (usually) in Linux, but I use my computer more than any of the others, so I rarely use Firefox at all.

Everything just works better in Linux though.