Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Steelers Maignot Line (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=63010)

Hayeksheroes 11-29-2010 09:50 AM

The Steelers Maignot Line

Eason, Hood, Keisel and Hoke, Hampton and whoever else the Steelers got have been playing like a french built maignot line. They look impressive, but they like the bite. Watching the front four of the bills attack Ben was depressing. I was wondering why the Steelers don't have a terror at DE. Julious Peppers or Freeney? I realize that in the 3-4, the line is to stuff the holes and allow the LB's take all the sack glory. That's fine. Except when there are 8 or 7 players who drop back in coverage, there needs to be at least a 4 to 5 second rush penetration. The bills were rushing 3 to 4 linemen all day and getting to Ben. The Steelers have been unable to do that. The Steelers need to rush 5 or more just to put heat on the QB. When that happens, you've got receivers in one on one coverage against pathetic CB's except Taylor.

Here's the basic point, the QB's are given too much time to throw when we rush three or four lineman. This has to be fixed.

steeltheone 11-29-2010 02:26 PM

Re: The Steelers Maignot Line

I agree...we get no line pressure from any of our lineman on a consistant basis. I thought for sure Hood would be a big improvement in that area.

austinfrench76 11-29-2010 04:11 PM

The lack of pressure at times does boggle me but the 3 d lineman are to occupy the o lineman and allow the LB's to rome free. Hence the reason Hamptoon always has 1 tackle each game but is considered one of the best Nose tackles in the game. The issue with not getting pressure comes from the o line adjusting to a blitz or the LB's complete failure to execute. Lebeau has honestly called some bad games this year as well ie. the Patriots game but his resume speaks for itself. I'm good with the 3-4 as long as Lebeau is the D Coordiantoor. Just my two cents...

Hayeksheroes 11-29-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinfrench76 (Post 872511)
The lack of pressure at times does boggle me but the 3 d lineman are to occupy the o lineman and allow the LB's to rome free. Hence the reason Hamptoon always has 1 tackle each game but is considered one of the best Nose tackles in the game. The issue with not getting pressure comes from the o line adjusting to a blitz or the LB's complete failure to execute. Lebeau has honestly called some bad games this year as well ie. the Patriots game but his resume speaks for itself. I'm good with the 3-4 as long as Lebeau is the D Coordiantoor. Just my two cents...

Fine, what happens when the LB's drop back into coverage. We can't just give the QBS all day.