Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My 7 rd Steelers Mock Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6306)

Bubby 04-01-2006 01:58 AM

My 7 rd Steelers Mock Draft

Here is my shot at it:

1st RD
Donte Whitner S Ohio St. Jr.
R. Clark is OK for a year, but Donte will be pair with Troy for years to come.

2nd RD
Rod Wright DT/DE Texas Sr.
I think Keisel is very good, but if our coaching staff can motivate this guy we have a beast to join t5he rotation.

3rd RD
Devin Hester CB/KR Miami (FL) Jr.
The Steelers can afford to take this guy early, Speed kills, plus this guy can turn on a dime. Can also be developed as a WR.

4th RD (A)
Stanley McClover DE/OLB Auburn Jr.
Sleeper, with a great upside, could be our next great passrushing OLB.

4th RD (B)
Anthony Schlegel MLB Ohio St. Sr.
Leader can help out right away on Special Teams. Will develope into start when Farrior is gone.

4th RD (C)
Drouzon Quillen WR La.-Monroe Jr.
Super Sleeper, this kid will be a star for our team.

5th RD (A)
Lawrence Vickers RB/FB Colorado Sr.
Tough runner, can be our short yardage back.

5th RD (B)
Bruce Gradkowski QB Toledo Sr.
Great for a backup , this kid is a winner.

6th RD
Ryan Cook C/G New Mexico Sr.
can play every position on the line, get mobility for his size.

7th RD
Greg Estandia TE UNLV Sr.
we need a blocking TE, but this kid will surprize with his receiving skills.

MasterOfPuppets 04-01-2006 02:05 AM

Re: My 7 rd Steelers Mock Draft

wow!!! no micheal robinson...you must not be a penn state fan...

TasmanianTroy271 04-01-2006 05:30 AM

I don't think Wright will last to #64, and you should switch the Quillen and Gradkowski picks, but other than that, it's fine

Zez 04-01-2006 07:33 AM

The Steelers did not sign Ryan Clark to a 4 year contract to pick another safety in the first round this year. That won't happen.

Haiku_Dirtt 04-01-2006 11:53 AM

No RB until the 5th??

Maybe we should revisit our post-season rushing stats...:cya: .

Midnightwriter1 04-01-2006 12:01 PM

I have to agree on the safety issue, we signed Clark to a four year deal so i dont see them picking a 1st rounder to get one. I can see us maybe taking one later rounds for back up reasons... but i have heard we are bringing back logan and Stuvaints

TasmanianTroy271 04-01-2006 12:04 PM

just because he was signed for 4-years doesn't gurantee he's gonna be the starter for all 4 years, or that he'll even mesh with the system. It's always good to have a little competition, it brings out the best in both players. I would not be suprised to see the Steelers trade up in the second round to take Whitner.

Midnightwriter1 04-01-2006 12:52 PM

If thye bring bakc Logan and stuvaints... i dont really see a need for 4th.. there will be competion and they may take a safety in later rounds.. just dont think they will take one early when just signed Clark. It wouldnt make much sense to me to pick up a F/A while you have 2 back ups already andthen draft one high. But then again, i could be way off =)

Bubby 04-01-2006 07:01 PM

Re: No RB until the 5th??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
Maybe we should revisit our post-season rushing stats...:cya: .

Vickers is a 2nd round talent that can be had in the 5th round. Believe me if we can trade up about 5 spots and nab Lendell White or L. Mahroney because RBs always drop on draft day, that would be great.

Bubby 04-01-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
wow!!! no micheal robinson...you must not be a penn state fan...

I think M. Robinson would be good for some trick plays but that is why we let Antwaan go. You can not pay an ok WR stupid money. M. Robinson would take too long to develope.