Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   javon walker in pittsburgh (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6327)

mopit55 04-03-2006 01:04 PM

javon walker in pittsburgh

javon walker in pittsburgh?

SteelerDan43 04-03-2006 01:11 PM

Re: javon walker in pittsburgh

source/link?

drizze99 04-03-2006 01:11 PM

Where did you hear this? LINKS? I haven't seen anything.

Avoid Lloyd 04-03-2006 01:15 PM

He's probably talking about this.

Doesn't really seem like much to me, it just says that Pittsburgh is interested in him.

clevestinks 04-03-2006 01:17 PM

Interested? I`m interested in seeing what he can still do

Midnightwriter1 04-03-2006 01:43 PM

I am sure their are planty of teams interested .. He is big, decent speed and good hands. I am not so much worried about if he can still play , but more so what it would take to get him. He defiantely wants a pay raise from his current salary as well, so him sitting out and saying he isnt going to play wont do much for him. G.B can hold onto his rights for as long as he holds out, even if he doesnt play at all. Will prolly hear more about him and deals being done as we do creep up to the draft.

BigNastyD 04-03-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopit55
javon walker in pittsburgh?

I am guessing by the question mark that this is a question and not a statement.

Ambridge 04-03-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
I am sure their are planty of teams interested .. He is big, decent speed and good hands. I am not so much worried about if he can still play , but more so what it would take to get him. He defiantely wants a pay raise from his current salary as well, so him sitting out and saying he isnt going to play wont do much for him. G.B can hold onto his rights for as long as he holds out, even if he doesnt play at all. Will prolly hear more about him and deals being done as we do creep up to the draft.

I kinda feel bad for the guy.
He wanted a better deal last year and might have held out if "Vicadin" Favre hadn't added his two cents in on the matter.
He might have had a little more financial security before his injury.
Too bad Favre couldn't be as quick to figure out what he's going to do as he seemed to know what was best for Walker.

I don't know how much of a pay raise he should expect coming off a knee injury??

BlitzburghRockCity 04-03-2006 04:34 PM

He's got plenty of game left..u just have to wonder how much of Favre's comments were true about him not being a team player and how much of it was just Brett blowing off steam from such a bad season.

Midnightwriter1 04-03-2006 04:44 PM

I have always liked Favre since he has ben at G.B. For the fact he called out Walker and called him selfish because he was wanting to hold out for more money ect .... AND to see now what Favre is doing... I think the shoe is on the other foot. He obviosuly can do what he wants to do and the organization is going to kiss his ass, but for him to be calling someone else selfish and not a team guy just doesnt seem right coming out of Favre's mouth at this point.