Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bettis to throw first pitch..... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6376)

DIESELMAN 04-05-2006 07:13 PM

Bettis to throw first pitch.....

DETROIT -- Jerome Bettis is scheduled to throw the first pitch at the Detroit Tigers' home opener, a few homers away from where he helped the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl.

The Tigers will host the World Series champion Chicago White Sox on Monday afternoon.

Bettis, the NFL's fifth-leading rusher, closed his 13-year career two months ago with a title after Pittsburgh beat Seattle at Ford Field, which is adjacent to the Tigers' Comerica Park. The Detroit native often displays his affection for his hometown team by wearing a baseball cap adorned with an Old English D.

tony hipchest 04-05-2006 07:14 PM

Re: Bettis to throw first pitch.....

think he'll bowl a strike? i mean throw?

MasterOfPuppets 04-05-2006 07:33 PM

damn,you'd think he would be doin that for the bucs:rolleyes:

HburgXL06 04-05-2006 07:43 PM

I heard from some one today that a 16 year old skater from the University of Delaware threw the openin pitch for the Phillies game today. I think it was my friend Kimmie. If anyone knows or finds an article let me know. Thanks.

BuFu

melroseplace 04-05-2006 07:52 PM

oh cool :smile:

BCEDGE 04-05-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
damn,you'd think he would be doin that for the bucs:rolleyes:

Why? He is from Detroit and likely a Tigers fan. Maybe he can do one of the games when the Tigers come to Pittsburgh in July.

MasterOfPuppets 04-06-2006 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCEDGE
Why? He is from Detroit and likely a Tigers fan. Maybe he can do one of the games when the Tigers come to Pittsburgh in July.

why??????????...............well hasn't it been the people of pittsburgh thats been cheering him for the last 10+ years?????:rolleyes: i meen how many people in detriot are runnin around in a 36 jersey compared to pittsburgh????

SteelR1 04-06-2006 05:18 AM

COOL!!!!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 04-06-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCEDGE

Im sure the Bus had a big fan base from his home town. Hes entitled to like any baseball team that he wants, has nothing to do with football.

3 to be 4 04-06-2006 08:27 AM

after Bettis touched the ball, was it immediatly sealed and brought to the Baeball Hall of Fame or was it sent directly to the Vatican?