Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Mendenhall Decision (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64478)

steelermania08 12-18-2010 08:06 AM

The Mendenhall Decision

Mendenhall has been a staple to my fantasy football team all year despite his recent lack of offensive production (fantasy wise). Now I am in the play-offs and my workhorse is playing against a tough match-up. The question is do I play Mendenhall and give him the faith I have all season or do I play LaGarette Blount?

How does everybody think Mendenhall will do this week against that stingy Jets D?

fer522 12-18-2010 10:55 AM

Re: The Mendenhall Decision

dude!!!!!!!!!!!!
really!

StainlessStill 12-18-2010 11:03 AM

I really do believe the Steelers need to be successful on the ground to beat the Jets. Mendenhall's production over the last two weeks have not been great, so look for the Steelers to try to pound the rock with a head of steam. Mendenhall is capable of having 100 in this one in a sloppy field more than likely. Gotta start Mendy, esp when he's in a recent funk.

MasterOfPuppets 12-18-2010 11:21 AM

i'd go with blount.

jets td's allowed - 8
detroit.................- 15

jets yards per carry - 3.5
detroit ......................- 4.5

jets yards per game -88.5
detroit .........................- 122..7

thumper 12-18-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelermania08 (Post 880792)
Mendenhall has been a staple to my fantasy football team all year despite his recent lack of offensive production (fantasy wise). Now I am in the play-offs and my workhorse is playing against a tough match-up. The question is do I play Mendenhall and give him the faith I have all season or do I play LaGarette Blount?

How does everybody think Mendenhall will do this week against that stingy Jets D?

With our OL, bad play calling and RM tippy toe, stutter and spin
moves, and the Jets' D - not good. 50 yards, zero TDs.

tanda10506 12-18-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fer522 (Post 880815)
dude!!!!!!!!!!!!
really!

Nothing I'd had to see more then topics start popping up about fantasy football.

jizzballz 12-18-2010 02:11 PM

i will reserve judgement until all our o-line is back healthy with our center, then we will see how good our o-line really is (next season)

pete74 12-18-2010 03:32 PM

i have Mendenhall and he is on my bench. our line has given him nothing to work with the entire 2nd half of the year and i doubt this will be much different. i see him getting around 55 yards and probably a TD but thats only 11 point