Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Expect no respect for a while (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64566)

ETL 12-19-2010 07:20 PM

Expect no respect for a while

Even if we beat panthers and browns and get a first round bye, expect nobody to take us seriously. I wish the offense would play with the same urgency that they play in the last drive for the whole game.

SH-Rock 12-19-2010 07:21 PM

Re: Expect no respect for a while

Good
we'll be the underdogs and thats how we win our SBs with Ben

SteelCityMom 12-19-2010 07:21 PM

That's ok...nobody took them seriously in '08 or '05 either.

JCPsteelers 12-19-2010 07:23 PM

Do we deserve any? Its not like we have been playing all that great. Its up and down with this team. Lot of inconsistent play.

SteelerEmpire 12-19-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 882205)
That's ok...nobody took them seriously in '08 or '05 either.

I don't see that backbone, resolve and good fortune we had in those years. In addition, were having BIG problems with officiating this year NOT in our favor. I'm not saying it is'ent possible, but I would be "surprised" if we made it to the AFC Championship game...

ETL 12-19-2010 08:16 PM

I know it doesn't mean anything but I kinda enjoy the good things they say about the Steelers on TV and radio. I watch and listen to sports programing most of the time and it's just hard hearing crap about the Steelers. Again, I know I shouldn't care but I do

I guess I have to pull out my Lord of the Rings DVDs to watch over and over again as I can't watch ESPN for a while.

truesteelerfan 12-19-2010 08:25 PM

No respect...Who us? Since when have anyone in the national media given us any respect? I love the idea of our team rallying around each other...knowing its us against the other team, the refs, King Goodell, and if we go down, we go down fighting.

Chadmagic 12-19-2010 08:49 PM

I think we get lots of respect. but we choose to focus on the negative. And quite frankly, we aren't playing that well on offense and thats what grabs headlines. Our D is playing lights out and I am proud of that. But it doesn't make the news.

Our Oline showed a spark today though and did really well. We only gave up 2 sacks and they picked up the blitz all day. Kudos to them. I hope they continue the upward trend.

ZoneBlitzer 12-19-2010 09:41 PM

I don't really care for the respect factor and honestly, I don't think they deserve it. They haven't done anything yet until come playoff time. That's where respect is earned. The offense is the Achilles heel of this team. They almost carried the load today but fell short of delivering.

jizzballz 12-19-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH-Rock (Post 882201)
Good
we'll be the underdogs and thats how we win our SBs with Ben

lol and yeah we didnt face the colts that year, with our porus secondary (and in 2005 we had a fine secondary)