Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   O- Line played well today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64568)

steelerchad 12-19-2010 06:39 PM

O- Line played well today

100 yard rusher with Mendy and I think only 2 sacks of Ben. Neither sack was a free rush. Of course the safety was their fault. For as beat up as the line was, I think they played pretty well. The Jets D is pretty good and they held their own today.

pete74 12-19-2010 06:40 PM

Re: O- Line played well today

i think they played awesome but Ben looked mediocre. as for the saftey, if your going to run from the endzone why not give it to the runner averaging over 5 yards a carry. personally i would of thrown

Raw Steel 12-19-2010 06:41 PM

Three sacks, but honestly they were all on Ben. He had time on two and didn't read the other when Ben didn't pick up the blitzter. This line gets a lot of crap, but that was one of their better games of the season.

MasterOfPuppets 12-19-2010 06:41 PM

actually they did. pass protection was solid , picked up blitzes nice except that one play... good run blocking. i'd give em a B+ :noidea:

dcsteel5804 12-19-2010 06:42 PM

I agree that for the most part, the o-line looked pretty solid. The problem is that I know that can't play that way game in and game out. There's a good chance they'll suck this coming thursday

Rick5895 12-19-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 882272)
100 yard rusher with Mendy and I think only 2 sacks of Ben. Neither sack was a free rush. Of course the safety was their fault. For as beat up as the line was, I think they played pretty well. The Jets D is pretty good and they held their own today.

The safety IMO was not on the OL. Kemo was pulling to lead the RB. The play call was horrendous and with our slowest RB. Had Mendy been there it would have been a 5 or 6 yard gain.

wootawnee 12-19-2010 06:53 PM

Maybe they finally grew together this week.....

theplatypus 12-19-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 882299)
The safety IMO was not on the OL. Kemo was pulling to lead the RB. The play call was horrendous and with our slowest RB. Had Mendy been there it would have been a 5 or 6 yard gain.

I'll have to go back and look, but I'm betting that Scott was supposed to chip Taylor and whiffed.

Fire Arians 12-19-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 882299)

which is why arians is to blame 100%

theplatypus 12-19-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 882309)
which is why arians is to blame 100%

I guess Arians is too blame for Ben's two fumbles as well.